Co hosting in London

Linnett2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Co hosting in London

Hey,

So I currently manage a listing for my mum and I have been for a few years now. I am now exploring trying to offer my co hosting services in my local area if I can (don't worry this isn't a promotion post)

I wanted to know how people deal with the cleaning of the property? This isn't something I want to do physically do myself but I am happy to find a reputable cleaner for the properties.

How does payment work for that? Would the host include a cleaning fee on their listing and keep that fee? How does the cleaner then get paid?

I'm hoping someone can answer as I can't find any post from this year .

Thank you

Renita

11 Replies 11
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Linnett2  If the co-host is dealing with paying the cleaner, then the cleaning fee would go to the co-host to pass on to the cleaners.

Linnett2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Sarah977. So I assume you would contact a few cleaning companies to ask for their rates? and then add that onto the listing?

@Linnett2  Rates alone won't tell you how much the cleaning fee needs to be. You would need a realistic idea of the amount of time it takes to clean each listing. And not all cleaners are going to do a good job, either. It can sometimes take awhile to try out different cleaners before you find a good one.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Linnett2  I hope you’re well!

Feel free for drop me a private message if you’d like to chat about co-hosting/property management in London and how to get going.

Paul 🙂

Reshma5
Level 2
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Hi Paul. How does this Co- hosting arrangement work? We have a property that is mostly unoccupied and we live an hour from the place. 
would appreciate any inputs / guidance.thank you. 

Renita12
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Reshma,

Im so sorry I didn’t see any of your messages hence the extremely delayed reply. Do you still need help as I manage a listing in Plumstead now which isn’t far.

Feel free to pre if you still need help

Ina30584
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Paul, I am interested as well about co hosting

Reshma5
Level 2

Hi I am looking for such an opportunity in Greenwich. Would appreciate any inputs please.

Reshma5
Level 2

Hi Linet I am looking for such an opportunity for our place in Greenwich. What can do for me please?

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Linnett2 I seriously doubt if this person has ever 'co hosted' I know this is out of date but if the 'co host' does not know the first thing about either fees or cleaning then they are not genuine co hosts ,because co hosts need to be able to not only understand all work in all areas of hosting but if necessary do all work . the cleaning fee is rarely commensurate with the task involved and most hosts of one or two houses do it themselves or their is no profit . Hard work pays the bills not hands off work either.

Renita12
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Helen, 

Your response has confused me and i’m not sure if you were replying to my original post last year where I was asking for advice. 

Thanks for your reply but I now successfully look after a few listings as a co host.

Have a great day 🙂