Cohosting with friends already on Airbnb

Martin29
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Cohosting with friends already on Airbnb

I'd like to invite some friends that are already on Airbnb to cohost my property.

How do I do that?

I can see 1) a means by which to search for a cohost and 2) bhow to invite someone new to Airbnb via email to cohost, but is there 3) a means to invite someone to cohost using their property number or linking to their host profile on Airbnb?

Thanks,

Martin.

3 Replies 3
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Martin29,

Have you tried following the instructions in this Help Guide to add a co-host to your listing? Or is that the method where you invite them by email? If so I'm afraid I don't know of another way of adding a co-host - perhaps someone else here will have an idea, if not, you may need to contact Airbnb to ask.

Happy Hosting!

Kirstie

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1244/how-do-i-add-a-co-host-to-my-listing?_ga=2.41966629.12931613...

Hi Kristie, I have been a super host for 5+ years and have spoken at AO. I am quite familiar with your site. That said, all the articles I read, all the links I followed, the conversations I've had on the phone with Airbnb HQ all point to the same way to add a co-host and yet, when I try to do that, there is no way to add a friend someone who is already a host as a co-host. What am I missing??

Please do not send me this link, it's not helping as it's missing the clear instructions.

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1244/how-do-i-add-a-co-host-to-my-listing?_ga=2.41966629.12931613...

1. Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
  2. Select Manage Listing and Calendar on the listing you want to edit
  3. Hover on the left side of the page to open the menu and select Co-hosts

It says to go to manage listings /calendar and then the "hovering" on the left-side is not happening - please help?!!

I just cannot accept co-host invitation! My friend sent me that by email and I can also see the notification in Airbnb but after I click accept invitation it takes more than 10 minutes and won't complete. Please help.