Commitment Rate

Allison47
Level 2
Huntington Beach, CA

Commitment Rate

AirBnb has asserted that I cancellled a reservation on a guest and so dropped my committment rate to 98%. However, the guest requested cancellation so he could find alternate accomodations which these screen shots clearly demonstrate. How do I get Airbnb to fix this?Screenshot 2016-12-06 22.18.15.pngScreenshot 2016-12-06 22.18.15.pngScreenshot 2016-12-06 22.19.12.png

6 Replies 6
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Allison47,

It looks like the guests tricked you into cancelling and now you will need to contact Airbnb and hope they will reverse these penatlies for you.

A guest can cancel a reservation and choose, "My host needs to cancel" and if you accept that, the reservation will be cancelled on your behalf which incurs penalties.  This is meant for guests whose hosts tell them that they can no longer accomomdate them and tell the guest to cancel or if there are errors in the listing and the host needs to cancel since it would be no fault to the guest.

I hope this makes sense.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Screenshot 2016-12-20 22.46.45.png

Screenshot 2016-12-20 22.38.24.png

Hi!   I am also trying to figure this out too.   

I live in Baton Rouge - It's been a rough year! 

August:  

1. Prelude:   There were shootings and protesting in July which also led to many cancellations or changes on the guest side.  There were guests from Denmark staying and the protesting in the days to follow the first shooting was going on very close to my house.
  2. Then, August:  While I was not flooded so many people were.   The reservation for the week after was a day to day notice of cancellation because of the issues.   
  3. I put my place for free which is actually instant booking that I don't normally use.   Turns out some of my former collegues (CEO/CDO of Tenessee Region Red Cross) were looking for accomadations.  At the same time, other volunteers coming from another state requested to book.   I technically donated 8 days without Airbnb insuring.  I also cut the rates for those in September booking. 
  4. Cell phones were down for 2 days!
  5. I volunteered at Red Cross Saturday - Monday.   
  6. There are a few more details but this is really about my committment rate so I'll leave it at above.

December:

A person requested to book and wanted to have a couples shower.  While I don't say I allow parties, there just isn't the room to have more than 10 people.   I asked a question and would have cancelled but didn't know how many people they were asking about. 

I want my superhost status back 🙂  😞 

Linda317
Level 3
Esher, United Kingdom

Airbnb have just informed me that I may be taken off their listings due to a commitment rate of only 90%.  I had to cancel 2 bookings in June and July as was critically ill in hospital in Crete.  How can I inform them of this and get my history readjusted.

L & K

@Linda317

I suppose you have proof of your illness and that you can forward this to airbnb claiming extenuating circumstances ?

Gail-And-Ron0
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

Our last guest requested another date in order to communicate with us. She said it was the only way. We had to decline it to clear her. I have a screen shot. My issue is that it is showing that we have a 90% rating instead of 100%. How can we change that? I guess we should have had her cancel but we did not know that. I know that we are fairly inexperienced but I cannot find anywhere how to communicate with Airbnb directly. I can only assume they read these postings. Help would be appreciated.

Here is a copy of our guests email. They did stay with us.

Hello Ron and Gail: This is Janet C. We actually already have a reservation from 12/25-12/31 but I couldn't figure out how to write to you without putting in some open dates into the field above. Peter had given me an e-mail address to write to but I received a message saying that that my e-mail could not be delivered as that airbnb address had already expired. We look forward to coming to stay at your place soon! I am just planning some things to do for our evenings (after skiing) and was wondering if the living space has a CD player (we like to listen to audiobooks together) and any board games or card games? We are happy to bring what we need, I just don't want to bring anything that is already there! Also, we are coming in pretty late. Our plane arrives a little after 10pm and we still need to rent our cars. How would you like us to enter the premises? I see on the airbnb web-site that we're to enter through the west gate and go around to the back--will you leave it open for us? Or perhaps there is a keycode? If there is a crock pot and/or a large dutch oven type of pot available, that would be wonderful. Is Smith's on South Valley Street the closest full grocery store? Thank you so much for your help. We look forward to meeting you soon. Sincerely, Janet C
Dec 20, 2016
Laurie15
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

yes I see i have the same thing threat of cancelling me because someone had to cancel on me.  I have never cancelled anyone.  and I got 98% and a risk of cancelling me.  so what do we do? Who do we talk to about this?  I have wonderful reviews from all my guests.  did you find a way to change it?

laurie