Community Search Engine

George204
Level 2
Twin Falls, ID

Community Search Engine

I'm hoping that the website developers are monitoring Community discussions, because the Community search engine needs work. Here's one experience: I wanted to find discussions relevant to Sun Valley, Idaho, so I typed in "sun valley" (*without* the quotes) in the search bar. I received a long list of results, but they included ones that only had one word of my search in them (Mohawk Valley, Lee Valley, Sun City, etc.). Then I tried "sun valley" (*with* the quotes), but got the same result. The search engine needs to be able to search for phrases in quotation marks as well as for individual words, and either filter out the one-word results or else put the phrase matches at the top.

Another experience: Not having any luck finding discussions about Sun Valley, I searched on Ketchum, which is the town next to Sun Valley. What I got was discussions mentioning ketchup. I appreciate the fact that the search engine tries to account for misspellings, but it needs a feature similar to Google's search engine, where, when it returns results based on the assumption that there was a misspelling of the original search term(s), it asks whether it should instead search on the term as spelled.

2 Replies 2
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

If you have an idea for Airbnb post here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice

Guide regarding searches for now:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Search-the-Community-Function-Is-Your-Friend-A-Community...

The reason you don't see anything about Ketchum is that there are none? The same with Sun Valley

Thanks for the information. These links will be very helpful. Curiously, when I searched on the term "Search Engine" in the Community search box, I found a lot of results regarding searches on the main AirBnB site, but none for the Community one. Perhaps I should have changed my search parameters somewhat (maybe "community search engine"?); I see that the link on searches that you provided doesn't include the word "engine."

As for posting an idea, I will definitely check out the link you provided.