Complaint - Customer Service

Isabela71
Level 1
Chgo, IL

Complaint - Customer Service

Hello,

I am writing to express my frustration regarding Airbnb's customer service. Last Wednesday I called the help line regarding an issue with travel credits on my account. The rep had instructed me that they will escalate my call to Airbnb's "specialty team" in order to review the case and I can expect a follow-up within 48 hours. I waited over 96 hours and did not receive a phone call back. I called Airbnb again this morning to follow-up and see when I can expect an update. The rep instructed me that there is no "specialty team" or ticket on this issue. She also mentioned that Airbnb is unable to help me resolve this.

This is completely unacceptable customer service.

As an Airbnb guest since 2014, I am shocked that 1) there is no record of my previous conversation and that I was lied to about a follow-up within 48 hours 2) there is no one who can help me resolve my case. 

With unforeseen circumstances due to the pandemic, we needed to reschedule a bachelorette party that was planned for 16 guests. Every company we contacted was able to help solve our issues with creative solutions with the exception of Airbnb.

I have been a 5 star guest and so have several people in my network. If there is nothing that Airbnb can do with this issue, I will make sure that everyone knows the type of service to expect from this company.

The case ID for this is 2020006140917. 

3 Replies 3
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Isabela71 ,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the Airbnb customer services call center.

Beside phone call, did you try " live chat " with a CS? ( not an Airbnb bot) and represent your case. 

Usually, you will have an answer from them within minutes.

In addition, contact Airbnb via social media Twitter, Facebook for attention with fast respond.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

Best,

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Isabela71 

Unfortunately the Airbnb CS is very unreliable when it comes to "we call you  back", which can be read in multiple complaints in this community. I would suggest to NOT use the phone, but use other communications options, as mentioned above. You mentioned a issue with travel credits, maybe this can help:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1367/how-do-i-book-a-trip-with-travel-credit-from-referrals

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Isabela71  This is a discussion forum for hosts and guests, so posting the case ID number here is pointless. No one here has access to your account or can do anything about your case aside from offer advice.

If the issue is that you used travel credits for a booking and then cancelled the booking, as far as I'm aware, Airbnb policy is that those travel credits are not refunded. 

If you haven't cancelled, but just want to change the booked dates with the original host, you can do that by sending a date alteration request to the host.