Complaint and Refund

Alex7652
Level 1
Capitol Heights, MD

Complaint and Refund

Hi my name is Alex and I just finished a week stay at this villa in Dubai and was greeted with smiles and fist pounds but sadly that’s when it all started....Nets and ants all throughout... no hot water in shower for 2 days... 2 out of 3 toilets had broken or unattached seat covers... broken oven found by my personal chef... wifi/internet was not working more than half of the trip

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presumably then you did what Airbnb suggests in your booking confirmation and flagged  this with the host with 24 hours of arrival and ask them to remedy the issues. @Alex7652 

If the host didn't remedy I can't imagine anyone let alone someone who can afford a 'personal chef' continuing to stay in a situation where basic amenities are not available 😁

Did Airbnb help you find alternative accommodation after you asked them to cancel the booking as the listing wasn't as described ?

@Alex7652   If you canceled your booking early due to the problems you mentioned, and followed the procedure outlined here,  you would have been eligible a refund of the unused nights.

If you completed your stay despite the problems, no money is due to you.

The place to complain would be your review of the listing.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Alex7652,

I so sorry to hear about your experience, and I understand you’re frustrated.

The host is violating the Airbnb term and services policy, failing to determine a proper accommodation for the guest. You may consider requesting a part of the payment refund from the host through the ‘Resolution Center.’ it's necessary to present the photos of the broken toilets and the list of all the issues in detail.

The host has 72 hours to respond to your request.

If you’re unable to reach an agreement with the host, you can ask Airbnb to make the final decision 72 hours after the request was opened. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/767/what-is-the-resolution-center

Do write an honest review within 14 days after the check-out date.

In the future, should remember that after check in to the inaccurate listing, do immediately contact Airbnb to request the full refund, insist the host to makes the cancellation and require the Airbnb support help team to relocate you to the new place in the same day with your budget.

It's essential to acknowledge Airbnb for any incident that happened.

I hope Airbnb will assist to you with the refund.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alex7652  There is a procedure to follow if you find a place unacceptable, and if you follow it, you are eligible for a refund.

But continuing to stay, using up utilities, dirtying bedding and towels and taking advantage of whatever was there and working, indicates that it was acceptable enough to you. 

People don't go into a restaurant, order a meal, eat the entire thing, and then demand or expect their money back, saying that what they were served wasn't what they had ordered.