Complaint

Complaint

Dear Sirs,

I am a tourist from China. I traveled to Huzhou City, Zhejiang Province china on July 17th. Based on the actual situation of the room and the situation of Air Bnb's customer service, the following three complaints were made: 1. The door of the room could not be opened and i was waiting for more than 30 minutes to enter under very high temperature. After investigation, the landlord’s door lock is faulty. Hereby It is recommended to use the key instead of the electronic lock. 2. The house has not been cleaned, please check the pictures, and no wifi password has been arranged for check-in. 3. In response to the first sentence of Air Bnb's customer service "You are checking in at 3 o'clock", I hope Air bnb can understand why the guest is not allowed to check in before the scheduled time? We all can't accurately predict the exact arrival time in advance and acutually i was arrival at 2:10 pm, 50 minutes in advance from Shanghai, where 200 km far away is.  i don't understand why Air bnb's cutomer may say that while the introduction of the room does't show that "you will not be able to enter the room if you arrive early"... hopefully i could get your answer, Thank you, sir. Uli MA from China

6 Replies 6

@Yujie4   Is this maybe your first time traveling?

The time you booked and paid for begins at the check-in time. Just like hotels or any other accommodation, the host chooses this time based on the amount of time it takes to prepare the room after an outgoing guest who might have checked out on the same day.  Some hosts are able to allow an early check-in if it's requested in advance, but you don't get to just turn up an hour early just because you couldn't figure out something else to do while you waited. 

I can't tell whether your other complaints are the result of the property actually being unprepared or of you insisting on arriving before your check-in time. But what is the objective of your complaining? Are you trying to cancel the booking, or are you hoping someone will throw money at you?

It is not the first time with airbnb. I never faced this trouble even i arrived early. But the point is the fact the trouble was not caused by the time but by the lock. My purpose is simple to express my emotion and hope the service of airbnb will get better. Sure if you think i am supposed to get the compensate, why not?!

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Yujie4 

My experience with electronic locks is that with a guest pin number to open the lock, it is only valid from check-in time to check-out time. Outside these permitted hours, the idea is it won't allow access unless it is reprogrammed.

This has a whiff of a self inflicted problem down to misunderstanding and shortfall in communication for a zero review guest.

The latest situation is that I am locked out and cannot enter, and I am still wearing shorts... can i say fxxk Air Bnb?

@Yujie4  This is not Airbnb's customer service, it's a forum of peers. But anyway, your emotions have been expressed, so I hope that makes you feel better. 

No, of course you're not supposed to get compensation for being locked out before your check in time had even begun. Is McDonald's supposed to give you a free burger when you come before opening hours and the door is still locked? Obviously you're not a seasoned traveler yet, but surely you have some reference point for the way things work. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Yujie4  Check-in times aren't something given as a suggestion. Door codes are usually set to change for the new guest checking in at the stated check-in time, not whenever it is more convenient for the guest to arrive. 

It isn't anyone's fault but your own that you are standing out in the cold in shorts unable to enter your rental an hour earlier than check-in time. 

I can't understand why you didn't just find somewhere warm to hang out, a cafe maybe, change out of the shorts into something warm, and wait until check-in time?