Compliments section in host review

Compliments section in host review

Has anyone else noticed that the compliments section of the host review process is no longer active? I'm aware that Airbnb management have been making changes to the review process, but I haven't read anywhere that the compliments option is no longer available to guests. Maybe, I'm wrong and I just haven't been receiving any compliments from my guests.

6 Replies 6
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Nicky168 Hadn't noticed, til you brought it up. It does seem to have recently disappeared, although guests can elect not to take the time to leave compliments. The review process is pretty onerous for guests, so I'm not surprised if many don't, and wouldn't take it personally. If it's really gone, could be permanent, could be a temporary glitch due to the big changes recently. Not unusual!

Laura4111
Level 3
Salt Point, NY

@Nicky168I was noticing the same thing for months now. The compliments are there but the numbers have not increased. I  think this was a nice easy way for maybe not so articulate guests to show appreciation. Disappointed!

@Laura411 

I agree that it's disappointing. It was a great way to determine what guests  notice and appreciate. Also, it would have been helpful if Airbnb support had mentioned it in their review update info.

I totally agree! Makes giving a review a lot easier for guests!

Kirstin36
Level 1
Oneonta, NY

I noticed this too!  We recently switched to the automated check in information/automated messaging when someone books- so I don't send as many messages to guests.  I thought that somehow made people less apt to give compliments 🙃.  We recently used Airbnb for our anniversary + there wasn't a place to leave compliments.  I wish I would have screen shotted what was in it's place.  The compliments are still there....but not as straight forward.  I have no idea why it wouldn't be passed down to guests.  We have another reservation for our daughter's birthday.  I'll share screen shots.  I hope Airbnb will share the data being collected to hosts.

Cathy253
Level 2
Carolina Beach, NC

Yes! As a host I truly valued seeing the “compliments” review. And I haven’t seen any compliments fir the past 6 or 7 guests. Given good reviews however no compliments. Why is that?