Confirmed booking, can't view attached files

Jostin0
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Confirmed booking, can't view attached files

Hi. I have guests who will stay on Oct 25-26, 2017 and Dec 20-26, 2017, both are confirmed. I asked a copy of their IDs for security purposes and they said they attached it already. It doesn't appear on my email or Airbnb messages.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Jostin0 They are letting you know they already uploaded it to Airbnb for verification purposes. You need to let them know you don’t have access to Airbnb’s files. Instead of asking them to send it to you ahead of time, just ask to see it upon arrival. 

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

I had exactly the same with an inexperienced user who joined airbnb just to book my apartment.  

That's what I thought too, they gave it to Airbnb thinking I could access it.

Yes Cynthia and Chris you can ask to see it upon arrival.

In my area we have to rewrite all the information and send it to the police.

In my experience there is so much to discuss at checkin, people are tired after their travels and eager to get on with their holiday, and this becomes a huge burden.  People don't want to sit for 3 minutes and rewrite their passport data on a piece of paper.

We ask for it ahead of time to streamline the process and also for our admin, the person who welcomes the guests is not the person who does the police registration task.

So there is a valid reason for some hosts to ask for it ahead of time.

Yet another reason Airbnb should allow the sending of attachments between hosts and guests once the booking is made.