Confirmed booking - host won't give me the address.

Answered!
Kelly505
Level 2
Hamilton, Bermuda

Confirmed booking - host won't give me the address.

Hi,  I have a confirmed booking for a 5 night stay.  I have asked the hostfor the address of the apartment, but she said she doesn't like to give out the address before check in.  I've replied and said that I need the address, and they have stopped responding to my emails, which makes me think she is hiding something? 

The place we are staying is a busy holiday destination and there are very few places still available and all very expensive at this late stage, so if I cancel and rebook somewhere else it is going to be at quite an expense and inconvenience, but I've stayed in a lot of different airbnbs and always had the host give me the address as soon as the booking is confirmed.

Is this against airbnb policy? I don't want to open up an issue with the help resolution centre yet since I don't want the host to get notified about it.

Thanks,

1 Best Answer
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Kelly

Don't you see the full address once you complete the booking? I always see the full address once I commplete payment..

Did you pay via airbnb?

Thansk

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nandiya0 

Answer the host you will contact Airbnb about the situation. Then wait for answer.

If not satisfying, contact Airbnb and explain your concerns, which are probably more then just only not getting the address. Ask them for relocation.

from the help files:

"At Airbnb, safety is our priority. To protect our community from confusing check-in experiences, and other issues that could arise from an incorrect or incomplete address, we want to confirm the precise addresses of Airbnb listings."

@Emiel1 Where were you able to find this in the help files. If you have a link that would be great!

Tony1035
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I can’t see how any host can expect a guest to wait until 9am the day of arrival for the address or even the access code.

People with families, elderly and disabled need to plan ahead and most people don’t simply materialise at the address. 

A good host would know if someone has booked and will give out details to their guests and not assume it must have been given. Again some people may not see the address.

Never make assumptions when trying to answer a question, the OP asked for the address and the response saying it’s given at check in is laughable. How is she supposed to check in if she doesn’t know the address ?