Confusing website?

Andrea-And-Arnie0
Level 1
Chichester, United Kingdom

Confusing website?

Can I ask do other hosts find this website really difficult and time consuming to navigate?

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andrea-And-Arnie0 

It is indeed not the most user-friendly interface for such a platform, but once you are used to it useally works fine. Tip: bookmark the links to the most important pages.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andrea-And-Arnie0  Yes. It used to be much more straightforward, but Airbnb seems to think that constantly fiddling around with the interface and changing things that work perfectly well into something that eats up hosts' time and causes endless frustration is somehow a worthwhile exercise.

Most user-unfriendly site I have ever encountered.

Oh yeah...the best is  "show more" hide and seek game and invisible house rules placed in the footer.

Maybe 1 of 10 guests are able to find and read all the info on my listing and we don't have to exchange 10 messages before arrival. It's such a waste of my time and it causes more cancelations than ever before.

And pop up windows you can't send a link to! . Uffff... terrible idea.

Not to mention the whole afternoon needed to make a new listing

The only good upgrade since 20117 is multiple calendar and rule sets. Everything else was a downgrade. But, rule sets should be more user-friendly, too many clicks and scrolls are needed for each ruleset.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Andrea-And-Arnie0  yes, it isn't very intuitive in terms of looking for something beyond the guest booking functions.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Andrea-And-Arnie0 

It sucks. Bad.

It’s almost like someone said, “Let’s see how difficult we can make this for hosts.”

Andrea-And-Arnie0
Level 1
Chichester, United Kingdom

Thank you for your responses. I sometimes think I’m loosing my mind using this platform and have been considering hiring someone to use it for me. Thank you @Emiel1 for the bookmark tip!

@Andrea-And-Arnie0  And the really fun part is just when you've finally figured out where everything is hidden and how to navigate around, they suddenly change it all, with no warning, and zero explanation as to where to now find what you need. Like some evil imps reorganized all your drawers and cupboards overnight, so it took you weeks to find everything, and the forks were finally found in the bathroom medicine cabinet, behind a pile of underwear.

@Sarah977 this is exactly what it’s like and so beautifully put Sarah. 😂

@Sarah977  yeah... and some of my forks are missing and some are from my neighbors 😄

Exactly. Which, by the way, makes it impossible to suggest a list of improvements, as they constantly mess up things anyway. It's as if reworking the website was more important than having a working website. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands