Confusion About Number of Rooms Booked with Host

Emily791
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

Confusion About Number of Rooms Booked with Host

I booked a stay that was listed as a 3 bedroom 3 bathrrom listing.  My party has 5 guests- 2 couples and one single.  I booked the listing for 5 guests, and I stated that we have a party of 5 in my request to book.  After I booked, the host messaged me and asked how many rooms I needed.  I stated that we needed all 3 rooms.   The host then stated that she would send me offers for the other two rooms.  I stated that I didn't understand, as I'd already booked based on the listing which described that it was the guest house with 3 bedrooms, and I had already booked with a price based on 5 guests.  Then she told me that I had only booked one room, but she could give a "special offer outside of the normal airbnb price".  I feel like the host is midleading users about what they're actually booking.  Is this allowed?

16 Replies 16
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Emily791 I think that it could be that the host is quite new. The listing is set up differently than it should be but she does write that if you need more than one room you have to should contact her in order to get a price. Did you instant book without contacting her first? 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

The listing is extremely confusing, it appears to be listed as a single rental but then in the written description it talks about renting out only one room or all the rooms, but this is not how the fee seems to be structured or how any of the photo captions read.