Connection error on the App

Maria1726
Level 2
Australia

Connection error on the App

Hi,

Has anyone one else all the sudden experiencing problems with Payouts?  

Last week we recieved a message 

"You might have received a payout for less than you should have for the following reservations:
We issued additional payouts to compensate for the difference which you can find in your Transaction History. There is no impact to reservation status, and you don't need to take any actions. Thanks for your patience while we’ve worked through this problem!"

We saw no payout issue with the mentioned reservation or any other previous reservations,  nor was  there any additional payout to compensate.  So why this message? 

Secondly: 

Today Airbnb tell us our Banks have issued an error for payment, suggesting we log into our account and add a ( another) default payout method.  After contacting Airbnb, their only suggestion refers this as a "Bank Error" and to contact our bank - Suggesting the account number ( after receiving years of transactions) is wrong all the sudden!.  Their only solution is forcing us to the re-enter our banking details and the delayed process of depositing $1 to confirm.

I find it strange that our bank accounts ( ANZ and Commonweath), all the sudden,  have an 'account error', at the same time!  

Wondering is any other hosts recieved these issues?   (in Australia) 

8 Replies 8
Esme5
Level 2
Aldgate, Australia

HI Maria,

I too have just experienced similar with my account apparently an error. I only have one account and transactions have always been processed into this account with no error before.

I have just re added it to my Airbnb account as a default. 

I found it unusual and hopefully I have not been hacked!!

But it is frustrating. When adding new banking accounts there is option of using Paypal account ( which appears to be a faster way of receiving funds) maybe Airbnb want us to be using this. I would assume they would receive some benefit $$ from this?

I am in Australia too ...CBA account.

Maria1726
Level 2
Australia

I'm concerned Airbnb are having a glitch in their banking payouts.  I have just tried with a different CBA bank account and again....

We tried to send you money but there was a problem with your bank details ( Return of original statement entry #4706178. REVERSAL: Invalid Bank Details). Please verify your bank details and add them again as a new payout method in your Payout Preferences.
Once the new payout method is created, we will re-issue the payout.
Regards,
The Airbnb Team

Jeff512
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

I had the exact same email, Bank Transfer Reversal. I have spoken with Airbnb on the phone, they said it's a technical issue with their global payout partner and many Australian hosts have been affected, I suppose if CBA is affected, the problem doesn't lie with any individual bank, it's their payout partner that's having issues. They said they're working with their partner to resolve it, I am owed a large amount as well. This is just not ideal. 

I'm having exactly the same problem. I've checked with the bank ( Bendigo Bank) but it is not them. I've received an answer from Airbnb that they are aware of the problem and it's a technical glitch. They will let me know when it's fixed. I've added my Paypal so hopefully that might help. Meanwhile I've got no idea when I'm getting paid. 

Yes we are having the same problem with NAB so it seems it's not any particular bank - when I rang AirBNB they said it was a problem at their end.  Given that this seems to be a widespread problem, why is Airbnb waiting for hosts to contact them - they should be contacting us and giving us an ETA for when the problem will be fixed - they are holding onto our money after all.

Peter1260
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

AirBnb's management of their technical problem is disappointing.  I have tried numerous times to re set the ban account details and upon reading this forum, find out it’s an AirBnb issue. Get your act together Airbnb and communicate to your customers now about acknowledging your technical problem and what you are doing about it.

Kelly282
Level 2
Doonan, Australia

I am experiencing the same problem with BOQ, over a year with no problems then all of a sudden errors this week. I have added the bank account again as new payout account and it was pending then two days later same error.  I wish they would email effected Australian customers to advise it is on their end and expected date to be fixed. I am owed thousands of dollars. 

Jen224
Level 2
Victoria, AU

We have just been paid!