Connection error on the App

Answered!
Viktor22
Level 4
Paris, France

Connection error on the App

Hello,

Could you please help me. Everytime I try to connect with the AirBnB App on my iPhone 5SE I've got this error message:

"Error Unfortunately, a connection error prevented your request from being sent. Please try again." (see attachment)

It's been 3 months like this. My iOS is up to date. I have no problem connecting on the website or mobile site.

Thank you for your help,

Viktor

IMG_6559.PNG

1 Best Answer

Thank you for your feedback but yes I know my password.

Finally found a topic explaining that after an update the "Use Mobile Data For" in SETTINGS > MOBILE DATA was unticked for the AirBnB app.... Strange idea

It is now resolved

View Best Answer in original post

28 Replies 28

Are you sure you have the correct password? The error message is a little ambiguous and my be an authentication error.  

You can log any bugs here: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/feedback   You can also contact Airbnb directly as they have frozen your log in for excessive log-ins.  

Thank you for your feedback but yes I know my password.

Finally found a topic explaining that after an update the "Use Mobile Data For" in SETTINGS > MOBILE DATA was unticked for the AirBnB app.... Strange idea

It is now resolved

Yea that fixed it. But that is bad UX. It should be straightforward enough to tell that the app has Cellular Data permissions turned off in iOS and should inform you of that. 

Many people would turn that off when abroad and forget to turn it back on when in their home country.  The app should suggest an easy way to fix this. 

This problem was bugging me for months until I found this thread. 

I’ve been having this same problem

for months. Glad I found this. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Bart32,

Welcome to the Community Center!

Is it working for you now? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Yes, it was the data permissions, as the person above mentioned.  Thanks!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's great to hear this! If you have any questions, remember that we are here to help you 🙂  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Well you where nowhere when I had the issue... Good that you are here 5 months later

Hi there! I’m having an issue with the mobile app. Anytime I try to access my inbox I get a Network Error and a message that states it can’t connect to my server. How can this be resolved? 

Glad the problem was solved.  I have that problem but I´m Tech-thick (not able on IT) could someone give me step by step info to get the app to work on my phone; in layman´s terms?

y como  puedo solucionarlo??

Totally agree

Hi, is it on IOS app? Can you please provide the steps on how to do it on the settings? Thank you

Thank YOU! I was going I N S A N E