Construction has started right next door to me

Kelly84
Level 2
Austin, TX

Construction has started right next door to me

The house next door to me has been sitting for about a year with slow construction activity.. of course it starts now when I'm renting our place. I had noted on our listing from the beginning that there were houses under construction on my street but they are starting at 7am now with music going, hammering away. I need to tell my upcoming guests about this but curious if this has happened to anyone and any suggestions on the best way to handle it. Offer a refund? Give them ear plugs? It's such a bummer they'reallowed to start so early in the morning and have music blasting. This is just part of being in a growing area but I don't want guests to be disrupted. I know every guest will be different and it might not bother some but I just started hosting and I really want this to be the best experience for my guests. I've only been renting for a month and my calendar is full for the next three. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! 

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

In addition, I would probably mention this up front when you are conversing with your potential guests so if they know they are light sleepers, they can choose another place before actually making a reservation.

Wendy112
Level 1
Ridgway, CO

That happened at my rental.  I called the guests and offered to let them cancel even though they were within the no refund time zone.  They didn't care, and had a great time anyway.  I even offered a discount because the parking space was unavailable as well, but they still declined.  I suggest just giving them a heads up, so they are prepared.