Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Update June 5th 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view

-----------------------------------------------

This, I believe, is the most common question on the Community Center.  Below is a "How To" guide on contacting Airbnb via Twitter and/or by calling their Customer Support Line.

Here are 3 easy ways to contact Airbnb:

1. Airbnb Community Experts
  2. Via Twitter Direct Message @Airbnbhelp
  3. Calling Airbnb

1. Contacting Airbnb's Community Experts

The easiest and quickest way to get answers to any issues is through contacting Airbnb's Community Experts.  If they cannot answer your question, they have the ability to re-route you to Airbnb

Step 1: Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

Step 2: From the bottom of the screen, choose either "My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue"

Step 3: Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues.  Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.  

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less.  If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you.  Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically.  Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them within minutes.

2. Contacting Airbnb Via Twitter

I find the second best and easiest way to contact Airbnb regarding any issues I may be having is by using Twitter.  Airbnb seems to have dedicated staff who monitor their Twitter feeds and I usually hear back from them within 5-10 minutes of posting my isssue.

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.  They may ask for information such as your listing but always provide it over DM so it is not public.

3. Calling Airbnb's Customer Experience Line

***Please note that these phone numbers and any numbers below are meant for URGENT MATTERS so it is best to use the above two methods first***

Here are the phone numbers for Airbnb.  If the area where you are hosting is not listed, check out the two ways below this list in order to find their number for your area.

United States and Canada +1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina +54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia +61 2 8520 3333
Austria +43 72 08 83 800
Brazil +55 21 3958-5800
Chile +56229380777
China +86 10 5904 5310
400 890 0309 (shared-cost)
Denmark +45 89 88 20 00
France +33 1 84 88 40 00
Germany +49 30 30 80 83 80
Greece +30 211 1989888
Hong Kong

+852 5808 8888

India

000 800 4405 103 (toll-free)

Ireland +353 1 697 1831
Israel +972 3 939 9977
Italy +39-06-99366533
Japan +81 3 4580 0999
+81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)
Mexico +52 55 41 70 43 33
Netherlands +31 20 52 22 333
New Zealand +64 4 4880 888
Norway +47 21 61 16 88
Peru +51 1 7089777
Poland +48 22 30 72 000
Portugal +351 30 880 3888
Puerto Rico +1 787 919-0880
Russia +74954658090
88003017104 (toll-free)
South Korea +82 2 6022 2499
+82 808 220 230 (toll-free)
Spain +34 91 123 45 67
Sweden +46 844 68 12 34
Switzerland  +41 43 50 84 900
United Kingdom                +44 203 318 1111               

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above? (Option #1)

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and choose "Your Reservations" from the "Host" dropdown list.

your reservations.png

Step 2: From your list of reservations, choose "Print Confirmation".

print confirmation.png

Step 3: The "Itinerary" from the reservation you chose will load in a new tab.  Scroll down and on the right hand side, you will see a section for "Customer Support".  Look below and you will see a phone number listed for your area.

support.png

How To Get Airbnb Contact Number If It Is Not Listed Above? (Option #2)

Step 1: While logged into your account, scroll down to the bottom of any page and select the "Help" link.

help.png

Step 2: This will then take you to the Help Center.  Select "Resolve Issue" from the list of options on the left.

1 contact.png

Step 3: This will then show you your reservations.  Go to the bottom of your reservations and choose, "My question is about something else".

2 contact.png

Step 4: Choose the "Urgent" tab.

3 contact.png

The phone number for Airbnb in your area will be displayed.

4 contact.png

[This post is an updated version of the original post]

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

143 Replies 143
Chantal6
Level 5
Baguio City, Philippines

That is good for you but not everyone has a Twitter account. Airbnb needs to have other options such as direct contact on Airbnb.

Thank you so much. I called the USA number and they answered right away.

Carol

Trine0
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Dave-and-Deb0

I agree with you, the Twitter way is so fast and always helpful.

Robin7
Level 2
Cabarete, Dominican Republic

sorry, kind of new at this, have been around the website for the last hour trying to figure out how to email airbnb on a host support question/issue and couldn't find a way...

Any tips or suggestions ?

tks !!

I don't think you can email Airbnb.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi @Robin7, unfortunately Airbnb doesn't have a direct email.  If you go to the Contact Us link , you will get a list of guests.  Scroll down past the guest list and click on My Question is About Something Else.  Then you will get 3 options.  Click on Hosting, and then you'll get a menu of hosting issues.  Select the one that most closely resembles the issue you wan to ask, and continue to refine the issue with the next menu.  If none of the menu choices match your issue, click I Still Need Help. 

If you don't want to go through this rigamarole, go on twitter @airbnbhelp.  It's really the fastest, most direct way to get a response from Airbnb. 

Hope this works for you!

Ali5
Level 2
Belper, United Kingdom

Thanks, all your info is very helpful. Unfortunately I dont have a twitter account or a smart phone, so still using email, of which there are no apparent addresses for airbnb. I just tried the phone number for my local area and there is a long wait before any response(half an hour). Airbnb seem to have made themselves very difficult to contact now. My messaging on my host page doesn't seem to work anymore, so I can't contact new guests. Yet there is no technical support anywhere.

Brilliant. Helpful.
Of course you're Canadian.  🙂

Thanks!

Alison7
Level 2
Darwin, Australia

thats useful info, thanks. I have spent much time fruitessly trying to find a contact for Air bnb to ask a simple question; I was emailed that we had become a Superhost- so why does it not show up on our listing?

perhaps it was because I was slow in getting back to our latest potential guest, wanting to book ahead for July?

(we were in 24 hr transit from UK)

I see I can ask questions by phone or Twitter. I dont do Twitter but I guess I can try it if I can get in direct touch with someone!

Finally, seeing the problems people have being 'Superhosts' - demanding guests with high expectations- perhaps we are better off not!

Our house is very unique, definately not hotel comparable but offering a very authentic tropical old style Darwin house/home experience.

Great to have found the community page.

Hi @Alison7,

I just took a look and it appears you do have SuperHost status.  Congrats!

Rapid Creek Vacation Rentals   Short Term Rentals   Airbnb.png

Dave

David

Thanks!

i cannot see it if I just log in to my Air bnb account.

I suppose potential guests can see it?

Lets hope it works for us.

Incidentally and interestingly enough the most difficult guests we ever had were pompous 'know it alls' who wouldnt stop talking at us- retired teachers of course, left the room a mess and got hair dye on our special Air bnb towels- they left us the worst reviews!

I very much like the idea of conferring super guest status on some of the lovely guests we have hosted.

@Alison7 What device are you using to look at your profile?  I'm on my laptop and can see your SH badge as plain as day just as Dave and Deb did.  If you are using an app...well, they are notoriously unreliable.  Yes, guest will see your badge, congratulations!

Hi @Alison7,

Being a teacher, I hope to not be a "pompous 'know it all'" when I retire but I would probably talk your ear off but only if I found you interesting to talk to.

Dave

David

hello Dave

I am a teacher too. Thus I have very well developed listening skills and finely tuned antennae for others who have too, and when I find them I hone in, and enjoy a good to and fro conversation!

perhaps I was hasty in criticising our former guests, and Im sorry. cant find a way to delete that comment.

Yes @Alison7,

You only have 45 minutes to edit your post.

Dave

David