Contacting Airbnb

Answered!
Ed-And-Cheryl0
Level 2
Portland, OR

Contacting Airbnb

I am trying to talk To Airbnb and it is very frustrating to not have  a good link to them. Who are they protecting?

I cant find out how to see reviews of requests. they dont make it easy to access.

But not being able to contact Airbnb directly makes me want to pull my apartment out of here and take about

10 others in the city with me.

Airbnb is now on trial and if I can not talk to them I dont wnat to do business with them.

1 Best Answer

Yes, just call or use Twitter. I had a similar situation and called Airbnb. They confirmed that you must be 18.

“Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide - Airbnb Community”

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14

They are quite helpful in our opinion. But I have only called them once. Why not call them? Here's the number: 1-855-424-7262

Yes, just call or use Twitter. I had a similar situation and called Airbnb. They confirmed that you must be 18.

“Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide - Airbnb Community”

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Ed-And-Cheryl0 Their phone number and Twitter account info have been posted hundreds of times here.

If you want to read a review of someone who makes an inquiry, simply click on their profile picture and read the reviews (if any).

Sorry but I should not have to go to Twitter to contact.

The fact that they have no direct way to contact on the web interface is really rude

cheap and minipulative. For us who are making them a lot of money.

I will look for something more personable. 

Still cant find the reveiws for folks requesting to rent.

Ed

Well thta does no seem to work. Every time I get a request finding the review is pretty hard.

Today it said one reveiw but there was no way to find the actual review. Spent 30 minutes every which way to

look for it.  IT should not be that hard. Your right. I should be able to click on the picture and get the info.

All it comes up with is verifications.

But thanks for the reply.

And whats this "level" stuff?
Ed

Ed, I am assuming you mean the phone number shows up here on the community forum hundreds of times?

It sure is not on the web interface hundreds of times.

Again, I should not have to come to the comunity area to get this info.

ANd when I click on a "CONTACT AIRBNB" I expect the info not a lot more questions to follow.

And I am only posting here hoping someone at AIRBNB is reading these. ITs not the first time I needed to contact

and got all this run around to find a number or send a message.

Thanks.

Ed

Mary-Ann0
Level 10
Sun City, AZ

Hi @Ed-And-Cheryl0,

It takes a few days but I have always gotten an answer and some help with the method below – I dislike waiting on the phone so this is how I have contacted them a couple of times:

Top right click (or hover) on the “help” button…

Choose bottom (in red) “Help center” and click …

See choices on left – pick the bottom one “Resolve issue” and click …

See box bottom right with “Contact Airbnb” inside and click it …

Choose “Hosting” and in the drop-down menu below pick an issue closest to your issue (you may want to try different ones to see the other options they provide) you can always back out if they don’t fit.

Underneath all this, at the very bottom of each of these explanations (I think) there is one more option inside a box which is “I still need help” … click it.

At the bottom of next page a box will appear for you to put your message and question.  Copy and save it before you click “send via email” in the pink box because it completely disappears immediately when you click it.

You should get a notification within a day that they received your question and they will work on it or will answer you in a few days.

I hope this helps.

Mary Ann

I tried Mary Ann's suggestion and didn't work they musy have change things up since this post.

Luis

Played with it some more not sure how But found the page MaryAnn was referring to and was able to complete as suggested thanks Mary Ann 

Luis

Zandra0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Luckily, You don't have to do business with Airbnb.

I've always found the website very intuitive; I also have always found Airbnb easy to contact when I needed to. And they've always been exceptionally helpful, though I've never had major issues, just small things like needing to deal with unexpected guest in a wheelchair (due to an accident).

On that occassion because I couldn't host the guest anymore, they gave me a $200 coupon. Ikr! So they're not all bad, pick up the phone and talk to them.

You have the answer to your question, stop complaining about how you got it.
Michael222
Level 1
Provincetown, MA

This is really annoying.  They ask us to provide excellence in customer service BUT they do this?  Crazy.  May pull my listings. 

I totally agree Michael, we shouldn't have to go through the convoluted steps that Mary Ann has kindly explained above. Just give us an email address that's not returned, saying "Email Not received". Or pick up the bloody phone when we call.

Hilary26
Level 2
Selby, GB

It is impossible to contact airbnb. I have dialled three numbers and each time an automated response tells me that calls to that number are not being connected. I do not use twitter and my emails always bounce back as being undeliverable. Even when I am congratulated with being a superhost for so ling and given a number to use, that is not being connected.

I have just lost s four night booking because of their verification process. The person was verified, booked for four nights and was then asked to provide a video of himself so he cancelled. he provided, photo, government ID, phone number and email address. I have lost two bookings like this in the past and am trying to contact airbnb but they don't respond. I keep geting surveys to complete for them but obviously any answers with negative responses are deleted and not dealt with. I am now looking for another website to use. I wonder if they will respond to this! Bet they don't.

PJ7
Level 2
Huntsville, TX

I agree.  This site is very unprofessional and difficult to 'navigate'.  Their contact information should be posted on our main pages !  Instead, you have to 'hunt' for everything.  I'm thankful that a couple of you have posted their numbers and given the Twitter info., etc. But we shouldn't have to come to the community center to find it.  The site needs improvement on the 'owner' side...  When they take additional money out on a 'past' payout with no explanation, that's just not cool.  They should offer an 'explanation' for it or readily have a contact number available (without people having to 'dig' for it).