Contract and credit card request outside of Airbnb

Answered!
Natalie347
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Contract and credit card request outside of Airbnb

I have received an extensive contract with strict rules and a credit card authorization form for a security deposit outside of Airbnb. This contract was not stated on the Airbnb rental page upon booking, and still isn't. Please let me know what I should do as I don't feel comfortable. 

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Natalie347  Call AirBnB, they can contact the host and tell her this is not allowed. She will either have to cancel you and take the penalty hits for it and her days blocked or let you stay without the credit card information being given especially since she does not even mention a rental agreement needing to be signed in her rules. I'm surprised no other guest has called her out on it yet, unless they are HA/VRBO users also and use to this process in rentals unaware it's not acceptable practice on AirBnB is all I can think of.

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Natalie347  I have a Rental Agreement, but it's stated in my rules. Taking a deposit outside of AirBnB is against the rules. I have it in my rental agreement to do so on other sites, but not AirBnB we removed that clause from the agreement. 

Natalie347
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Letti0! I am just not sure where I stand now because I don't want to sign this contract that includes my credit card information. But I have to sign in order to use the property. I pre-paid for this Airbnb rental back in October. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Natalie347  Call AirBnB, they can contact the host and tell her this is not allowed. She will either have to cancel you and take the penalty hits for it and her days blocked or let you stay without the credit card information being given especially since she does not even mention a rental agreement needing to be signed in her rules. I'm surprised no other guest has called her out on it yet, unless they are HA/VRBO users also and use to this process in rentals unaware it's not acceptable practice on AirBnB is all I can think of.

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Jeannette45
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

I need help I have a regular booking and they have emailed to ask if I would book dates in for them.  I can see how to do this as an extension to an existing stay.  I cannot find a way of doing this on my other property.  Does anyone know how to book them in.  He is a good guest so wish to book it.

@Jeannette45  Your post is confusing. Is he trying to book you off the platform via AirBnB messaging? If so that's not allowed they need to book it through AirBnB themselves. If they contact you direct via phone or text, yes you can privately book them and then just block out the days for the private booking. 

Jeannette45
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

He wants to book.  I want it on the platform.  He is a good guest.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jeannette45  So why doesn't he just book it, you have instant booking turned on. I am confused.