Contradictions in the star rating based on guest feedback.

Mari8
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Contradictions in the star rating based on guest feedback.

Guests can be fickle in deciding a location is a certain star rating.  This is unfair as this information is clear to the guest before they choose a location. 

If an apartment is in zone 1 and one minute from the station and the description of the listing is determined to be accurate with a 5 star rating for accuracy, can then in another question allow the guest to give the location as 3 star.    This lays the situation open to partiality and discrimination.

For example if I get an apartment in Piccadilly Circus but would have love to really be in a park area with no city noise preferring the sound of birds would it be fair to say the location is 2 star. This is an anomally.

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Mari8  It's so annoying.  I've gotten a 4 for location because a certain attraction was an hour away.  The attraction didn't move after the guest booked and neither did my house.  Lots of hosts would like to see the location rating done away with.  About a year ago Airbnb claimed they'd change the wording in the guest review prompts to ask if the location was accurately described in the listing.  But they still let the guest rate the location.