Corona Virus outbreak

Silva495
Level 1
New York, NY

Corona Virus outbreak

Hi , i am in the NYC area, and i feel guests are starting to cancel their reservations bc of the corona virus, and i think airbnb should come with a police where neither the Hosts or the Guests loose all!! 

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's a nice idea, @Silva495, but Airbnb are in the business of making money, not giving it away. They've made this clear in recent years.

I've had three cancellations now and there's little I can do about it. Thankfully I don't rely on my Airbnb revenue to pay my bills, but I have sympathy for those who do.

I think New Yorkers have had it tough too, what with the Anti-Airbnb brigade and the laws against you renting entire apartments etc. The perfect storm. 

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

In your listing, if you leave a day of prep time between guests (to air out the place, etc), then let it be known!

Bill177
Level 2
Ohio, United States

I am in Ohio  Have had no cancellations yet but expect them to filter in.  I believe the future bookings will stop and views will be way down. That being my opinion only, I am telling my current booked guests that my maids and I are taking extra steps to wipe down all surfaces with anti bacterial wipes. This virus is not traveling by air . Its by surface.  If i see cancel requests begin to come in, then I will be giving them a full refund and if airbnb want to dock me and remove me as a super host  shame on them 

Michael293
Level 5
Northampton, MA

@Silva495 We are in Western MA, no Corona virus cases and everyone in March has cancelled. One by one different events got cancelled and so the guests cancelled. We gave full refunds to everyone even if they didn't qualify. It was the right thing to do under the circumstances.We now have no bookings for the rest of the month. We had $1900 vanish in a few days. We decided to just block off the calendar through April. It's not worth the risk of welcoming travelers in when you don't know where they've been or who they've been in contact with. We're taking a big hit financially but our health is the most important thing.