Counting beds in listing

Heather188
Level 4
Juneau, AK

Counting beds in listing

I have a unit with 2 bedrooms and a living room, among other amenities. Recently I added two floor mattresses to the living room for guests to use for overflow. With these I can accommodate 6 people. When I entered this information in and choose 2 real beds and 2 floor mattresses the count of beds goes up to 4. The description is very clear that 2 of the "beds" are floor mattresses and I even state that they are not real beds and describe the kind of mattress they are. I also have this in the house rules in case they don't read the description and clarification about types of beds. I am concerned about guests that don't read and unnecessary cancellations. How are other hosts handling this?

3 Replies 3
Heather188
Level 4
Juneau, AK

Screenshots from my listing follow. 

Screenshot_20170626-170450.pngPhotoEditor-1498525715782.jpgPhotoEditor-1498525686092.jpgPhotoEditor-1498525653650.jpg

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Heather,

Looks to me that if a person can sleep on it, Airbnb counts it as a bed.  You are very clear in describing the floor mattresses.  Guests don't always read all the information provided.  If you have a booking for a party of 6, make sure they understand about the floor mattresses before they arrive.

Linda

Guests can count infants and children. How do we count cribs and rollaways?

Nanette & Co.