Coupon expiry date

Lorraine71
Level 2
Thomastown, Ireland

Coupon expiry date

My Superhost coupon expires on 1/4/21. We are in lockdown in Ireland and I won’t be able to use it before that date! Can it be extended? In light of this global freeze on movement!? 

**Sensitive information hidden

14 Replies 14
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lorraine71 It clearly CAN be extended but I very much doubt if it WILL be extended. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lorraine71  If your lockdown means you can't even travel domestically, then you might consider using the voucher to do an online Experience. It could be fun and at least the voucher won't go to waste.

I have one that expires at the end of  March. I'm planning to use it to book something just an hour's drive from me, on the beach, for night or two just for a little getaway break.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lorraine71,

It is Aibnb's policy not to extend coupons and vouchers.  I have one that will expire during the latter part of April, and like @Sarah977, will probably book a little get away in the city.  I've been curious about tiny house living, and will try one out that I've seen on TV.

@Debra300 You should be prepared to be turned down if booking locally. The host will worry that you are going to have a big party in their tiny house!

@Mike-And-Jane0,

Lol, that's a pretty good one.  Hey, maybe they allow tiny parties.

@Debra300 

If you have 3 good reviews from hosts and older than 20, you can book around.

Obviously not in the UK and Ireland as we are in lockdown @Nathalie-Et-Gilles0 

@Nathalie-Et-Gilles0,

My birthday is in April, so I will just meet the age requirement.🤣🤣🤣

@Helen3 

@Debra300  ´s coupon ends late April.

She has plenty of time to rent around.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lorraine71 , 

I'm glad to confirm there is an email going around extending the dates on Superhost coupons. You can read more about coupons (including the extension) here

@Debra300 @Nathalie-Et-Gilles0 @Helen3 @Mike-And-Jane0 

Thank you.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It arrived this morning @Nick 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Excellent news, thank you for the update @Helen3 😊

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Nick,

Thanks for tagging me.  We actually used our coupon last month when Keep Cool and I had a getaway during our birthday week.  We received another one about a week after we booked our stay in the San Francisco Bay Area.  So, that's just a reason to plan another trip to use our current coupon.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Always a good thing @Debra300 😁