Covid-19 Relief fund

Answered!
Arline1
Level 2
Carlsbad, CA

Covid-19 Relief fund

I would like to apply for the Airbnb relief support do to covid-19 cancellations that affected my income. What is the process to get financial help?

1 Best Answer

@Arline1  There is no application form; it's by invite only. If you're one of the lucky group that Airbnb has selected, they will send you an invitation via email by May 15. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Arline1  There is no application form; it's by invite only. If you're one of the lucky group that Airbnb has selected, they will send you an invitation via email by May 15. 

ty

Kathi130
Level 2
Lancaster, PA

I inquired about how these funds were going to be disturbed about the time of this post (March/April 2020). I was told via email that the relief funds would be automatic, no need to submit anything. So fast forward another 6-9 months . . . Still not received anything so I reach out to Airbnb again. This time I’m told that unfortunately the relief funds aren’t available anymore. I asked specifically about the 7 or so cancelled reservations and why I wasn’t compensated for those - I got a generic reply that said “we understand this won’t be good news to you” blah blah blah. So about the same time this was happening I helped my friend get started with her Airbnb (I mean who doesn’t want $528 right?). I created the listing for her, added photos and content, made her co/host and I handled the first few inquiries so she could see how I responded, etc. I did everything to help her get up and running and guaranteed her (and another account for Airbnb  success).  All we needed to do was make her Primary Host but when that time came, Airbnb said that the Host Referral program was no longer active. Why in the hell then do I get the “you could earn $528” notice after every single guest I review??? And still get??? Then to make matters even worse, they said that just making her primary Host doesn’t make that listing hers. We would need to recreate the entire thing from scratch. I asked why they can’t just simply do something in the back end that would be MUCH easier than creating all new content . . . They said there’s  nothing they can do, the entire listing needs to be redone as the new host. I’ve started a listing with VRBO and I plan to move completely to them by the end of winter. Giant pain trying to juggle 2 calendars but it’s obvious Airbnv isn’t that interested in keeping my business. 

Hi Kathi,

Just curious if you got better support with Vrbo in receiving Covid relief fund?

Thanks,

Thomas