Covid Case

Tawne1
Level 1
Glendora, CA

Covid Case

Hello, 

We were planning a bachelorrete party when our Bride actually tested positive for COVID. The host is not agreeing to refund us and we cannot get through to AIRBNB. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

3 Replies 3
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Tawne1 

Have you tried calling Airbnb? I find that using their messaging system right now is very hit and miss and responses can be extremely slow or not come at all, whereas on the phone, you might be on hold for a while, but eventually you get to speak to someone. I also tried the online chat yesterday. That was quick, but the problem was then referred to another team and who knows if they will get back to me...

So, technically, if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and can prove it, you are supposed to get a full refund. HOWEVER, I am not sure if that would apply to the full party, or just the person who is diagnosed. The Airbnb extenuating circumstances is not specific about group bookings. However, I think you have a good chance of getting Airbnb to refund you if you have evidence.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Tawne1 

Your refund will be determined by your contract. When was the booking made?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Tawne1,

This is a difficult one.  The host is not responsible to ensure that you intended activities will occur as planned.  However, if the rental is in California, you can possibly note that Gavin has recently re-instated the stay at home order, and all non-essential travel is prohibited.