Covid Vaccination for hosts in homeshares

John-and-Sam0
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Covid Vaccination for hosts in homeshares

Will AirBnB add a prompt in listings asking if hosts in homeshares have been vaccinated?  It could help reassure prospective travellers to know that their hosts have received the vaccine.

18 Replies 18

@John5097  Yes, it's distressing that so many places are really jumping the gun on reopening. I fear with spring break and Easter, it will lead to a surge in infections.

Where I am, there aren't vaccines available yet in my area and the one they are primarily using in Mexico presently is the Sinovac, which I don't want.

@Sarah977 It is all kind of distressing on some level. I was also hoping a vaccine would also be the end of it, and didn't google it until I got mine scheduled. I would take whatever one is available. Although who knows how this will keep playing out. Hopefully places that have already had a few waves of infection built up some herd immunity to the newer mutations, and the increasing vaccinations bring the numbers way down. Honestly I don't think most people are following the day to day or month to month changes.  

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Very informative responses, @John-and-Sam0 , however, I think your point was to involve Air BNB in some official way with respect to notifying potential guests regarding the vaccination status of the host in a shared listing.  Over the years I have been a host, it seems to me the less Air BNB is involved the better, frankly.  Just my take...

June53
Level 2
Barbados

Can I list my home for vaccinated guests only?  Barbados Government and my HOA have different protocols if the guests are vaccinated or not in terms of testing regime and length of time in quarantine.  It would be easier for me to list one protocol and the one fully vaccinated has the shorter quarantine time and fewer tests required.