What do I do for same day turnaround after COVID guests?

Answered!
Monique798
Level 2
Wilmington, NC

What do I do for same day turnaround after COVID guests?

Hello everyone,

I need some advice. I have a guest staying with us that told me 3 days after check-in that she is caring for her Covid infected parents in our Airbnb. The day she checks out is the same day someone else checks in. I'm annoyed and concerned that she put us in this position.

Would appreciate some feedback regarding recourse with this irresponsible guest.

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Monique798 

I’m just uneasy that this is going to become a “thing:”

”Dammit, I was diagnosed with COVID-19 and ordered to quarantine, so how about if I come to your house to stay for two weeks so I don’t infect anyone I care about?”

Maybe they could even blame the host and get a full refund. (I wasn’t sick before I got there! I must have caught it from the house! And of course I couldn’t leave after I got sick…)

I have a really bad feeling about this whole thing.

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21

@Branka-and-Silvia0  The thing is, this guest didn't get sick with Covid after she arrived. She booked the place to take care of her Covid-sick parents and didn't disclose this to the host. That's just really disrespectful.

You wearing a mask when you first go in does definitely protect you. It doesn't have to be direct contact with an infected person- their breath vapor can hang in the air for hours after they vacate. That is dangerous, but the surfaces, not much, because it isn't absorbed through your skin- you have to breathe it in. So you'd have to touch a surface the infected person recently left virus particles on, then touch your nose or mouth and breathe it in. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0  your comment: put a mask on (I don't believe it helps but...) ....  made me smile 🙂

and your completely right.

Groetjes Katja

@Katja202  @Monique798 

we can do it 😄 😄

mature-woman-in-yellow-haz-mat-suir-and-gas-mask-standing-in-living-JM638W.jpg

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Monique798 Lollittle-monkeys-rolling-op-de-grond-van-het-lachen.jpg

Groetjes Katja

@Monique798 Just a little bit of fun to lighten things up. Hope that's ok?

Groetjes Katja

hello

Linda3345
Level 10
Corning, NY

I guess I would mask up like crazy, and get in there as soon as they leave, open every window and door, even if it is winter. Leave them open for like an hour? Wouldn't it be pretty safe if the air in the house gets exchanged? and then surfaces are cleaned and disinfected as usual? 

I'm not having people back-to-back right now, which gives at least a day for everything to get aired out thoroughly.  But I do think original guest needed to disclose the purpose of her visit.