Covid

Claudia2350
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

Covid

I am not happy with how Airbnb are treating hosts. I had a cancellation for the month of June, £1,300 to be precise. My guest cancelled before the covid policy and hadn’t given a reason to cancel. I contacted Airbnb support centre and they were 100% certain I would receive my money, only for a couple of days later to be informed they will be refunding the guest the whole amount and I won’t see a thing. For Airbnb to go back on their words and then go against a host who makes money for them is not acceptable. I have lost so much money, Airbnb have the audacity to refund me £12.80 for bookings I have lost over the last month. I think it’s a joke. If it was a hotel they wouldn’t refund the money so why should this even be an option. @Airbnb @Airbnb @Airbnbsupport 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry you are not correct on this @Claudia2350 ; hotels as well as STRs are refunding money as it's illegal to provide short terms accommodation in the UK at the moment (as your know) for anyone but key workers, those attending funerals etc.

I am sorry you weren't given the correct information by Airbnb's customer centre, but it must be confusing for them as things are changing all the time both in terms of Airbnb's policies and local legislation.