Create a copy of a listing

Create a copy of a listing

I would like to create a copy of a listing as I have multiple rooms of the same type. Is there any way to do that on Airbnb or do I have to create an entire new listing each time?

57 Replies 57
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Ritama0,

Unfortunately their is no way of copying the listing which would be a great feature for Airbnb to have.  You will need to make a new listing for each.  Might I suggest having a couple tabs open and just flip back and forth copying and pasting.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Does AirBnB have a wish list where we can request this most needed functionality?

You can complete the feedback form at https://airbnb.com/help/feedback.  You could also add this or see if it has been added on Host Voice here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

This is a shame. I would definitely use this feature. There's no way I'd go through the hassel of setting up a whole other listing that's only a little different. Airbnb's loss.

Was this ever added to Host Voice?

This used to be a feature on Airbnb but it looks like they have deleted it!  How annoying. 

@Chloe3 when you go into 'create a new listing' the option to duplicate an existing one is there. Just be careful as not everything duplicates  - some things (cancellation policy, Instant book etc) revert to the Airbnb preferred state 

Russel1
Level 1
Princeton, TX

Three bedrooms here. At least it did not take long to find out that I could not do what I wanted to do.

Russ

Bruce66
Level 3
Las Vegas, NV

I need to duplicate a listing as well, I have a home with three bedrooms, need to take the one bedroom and just add seperate photos for 2 additional rooms, all the rest would be the same, such a waste of time, and I proboably wont be able to get all details the way I want them. Really needed feature.

+1

Airbnb, you need this feature!  It's a pain creating new listings from scratch.  Please add this.  I've been putting off adding new properties for a long time, because i dread the work involved.  So i just continue to only use homeaway, vrbo, tripadvisor, and keep putting off adding new listings to airbnb, because it's so time consuming.  We have direct interfaces with other sites too from our PM software, but not airbnb.

I actually like that there is no option to duplicate a listing easily. In my mind, many hosts won't take the time to dedicate to Airbnb that it's worth, and if Airbnb is giving you good occupancy and monthly revenue for one room/house and you don't take the time to create a second listing when you could"if it wasn't so much work" then that's on you. Personally, I think it to be short-sighted. I'm not sure how much your time is worth that you can't spend 90 minutes to recreate a second listing through careful duplication and copy/paste anyway-- especially when it might double your rental income for a room/property earning nothing yet from Airbnb. Not having a click and duplicate option is also a way to filter out larger properties that have identical rooms and don't qualify as Airbnb's boutique < 25 room status anyway. Just my two cents.

Although I somewhat agree.   The spot where not being able to duplicate a listing is a real pain, is in the guide book section.  We have 30 or 40 attractions listed on some of our listings.  It would be great to just duplicate that!

Sven60
Level 2
Byron Bay, Australia

What a stupid reasoning. Computer systems are meant to handle in an effictive way. It is a major failure of the airbnb database and backend system architecture that such an important feature is not availbale ... and they even do not care.

They whole structure to setup multiple rooms, or even houses/appartments which could be booked with 1,2,... rooms is a total mess. I do not understand why airbnb does work on this much needed feature and instead requests host to do hours of stupid manual repetetive work.

I (also) have the requirement to list multiple rooms which I want to rent out individually.
I can't belive that airbnb (who are actually charging quite some money for their website service) really expects me to create each listing for each room from scratch. All listing will be totally identical, except that I would use a different photo for the individual room.
I would be so easy (I am working in IT for 20+ years) to have an option to just copy an existing listing and then just change what is different - it that really not possible?

@Sven60 yes, the architecture is very inconvenient for people with many very similar rooms.

But please remember: Airbnb was created for individual hosts to welcome guests into their personal homes. That's why the system is designed the way it is.

And there are a lot of hosts who would honestly rather not have hosts with big hotels or buildings on Airbnb at all.

Airbnb clearly wants to branch out, and if they want to do that, they will need to figure out how to make it easier for the large-scale business.

But this is probably not the right place to complain about how hard it is for hosts with dozens of rooms to list. You might not get a lot of sympathy from people who would rather see hotels and the like go somewhere else.