Credit Card detail change on existing booking - date change

Alwyn10
Level 1
Roodepoort, South Africa

Credit Card detail change on existing booking - date change

Hi All, 

I need your help, I booked a place to stay at the start of 2020 for Dec 2020. I have two challenges with my current booking:

1. I need to change my travel dates due to extenuating circumstances

2. My credit card detail changed (I have a new credit card) not the same one I made the booking with.

3. My new travel dates are cheaper in rates from my first booking

My bank - First National bank can not help with the CVV number as it is secret. 

Now I can not change my travel dates as Airbnb requires the old card cvv number which I don't have anymore, as Airbnb wants to refund me the difference.

I have made it clear to Airbnb that I do not wish to be refunded the difference I just want my travel dates to be changed.

The host is willing to accommodate our change in travel dates and have indicated that they can not understand why it is so difficult to accommodate new card detail and new travel dates forfeiting the cheaper rate.

I successfully changed my credit card detail to my new credit card.

Please can someone help me or explain to Airbnb? a consultant by the name of Juan indicated he can not help with any of my requests. 

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alwyn10 

If you want to change a creditcard during a payment plan for a existing reservation, you need to follow this instructions:

Editing a payment method for upcoming payments

After that you should be able to to perform the change option. As the newer time period is cheaper, maybe the host is not willing to accept. Then the host must make the change, as the host can also manually update the price in the change form.

Hope this helps,

Emiel