Credit for referring a friend

Debra29
Level 1
Summerland, Canada

Credit for referring a friend

I had my friend join and I still have not recieved a credit for suggesting her home to list with Air BNB. ANy suggestions of who I might contact? I cannot seem to find even an email address to ask air bnb.

11 Replies 11
Melanie96
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

I have just referred a friend, he has accepted his first guest and it hasn't acknowledged this in my profile, it says zero referrals - so I also haven't received payment. Any suggestions on how to get this sorted?

Thanks,

Melanie 

Sue157
Level 2
Whangarei, New Zealand

I also have referred a friend and even set up their airbnb for them. They have had their first guest, but I do not appear to be receiving a referral credit?? I'd like to know how this can be sorted too!

Stella25
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

According to the website, my friend 'hasn’t signed up yet'. But I know she has and has started receiving guests. How can I get credited for this? Thank you. Stella

I just referred a friend for travelling - and he and I were both supposed to get $40 credit each. When he made his first booking, he had only $30 credit. 

And on my dashboard, it shows he has not made any reservation yet and so I had no credit when I know he has already booked his first trip. 

Like many others, I am trying to email Airbnb and there is NO email address. 

How can I contact Airbnb??? 

415-800-5959

Mimi27
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

hi

i refered my friend and she has gotten back from her holiday but i still did not recieve my credit and it says pending 1600 i was reading the terms and conditions and it states that as soon as the person gets back the credit will be applied but nothing yet

please assist

Michelle392
Level 1
Greenwood, Canada

When I first joined February 2017 it said if I referred a friend and they booked, I would receive a $50 credit.  Well after almost 2 months since they signed on from my referral link, they finally booked a place.  All I got was a $25 credit, because the policy and bonus credit amount changed?

Shouldn't I get the credit amount that was promised in the beginning?

$50 was what incented me to reach out to my friends and suggest they join.  Had I been originally offered $25 to refer, I wouldn't have bothered emailing anybody because that amount isn't worth the effort to encourage others.  It doesn't even cover the service fee for 2 nights at $100 each night. Thats like an 11% discount, peanuts and neglible, whereas $50 off would have been 22% discount ($225 - $50 = $175) that's significant

John661
Level 1
British Columbia, Canada

Actually it was me who referred a friend, Im posting this twice, this time under the correct guest user name. I posted this comment under my friend's airbnb account and realized she was logged on to the community centre and not me, so I'm posting this under the right nmae.  I'm the one who refered someone in mid February and they took until beginning of April to book.

I did not receive $50 credit after they finally booked a place. I only got $25.

When I first joined February 2017 it said if I referred a friend and they booked, I would receive a $50 credit.  Well after almost 2 months since they signed on from my referral link, they finally booked a place.  All I got was a $25 credit, because the policy and bonus credit amount changed?

Shouldn't I get the credit amount that was promised in the beginning?

$50 was what incented me to reach out to my friends and suggest they join.  Had I been originally offered $25 to refer, I wouldn't have bothered emailing anybody because that amount isn't worth the effort to encourage others.  It doesn't even cover the service fee for 2 nights at $100 each night. Thats like an 11% discount, peanuts and neglible, whereas $50 off would have been 22% discount ($225 - $50 = $175) that's significant

Jay254
Level 1
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

I feel it is dishonest and false advertisement when hounding hosts to refer friends for a payout. I bet most of you didn’t know that your new host has to earn 100usd or equivalent depending on your currency with there first booking. 

I didn’t realise and I even co hosted to help them set up and get booking. 

It’s in the small small print. It’s so unlikely any first booking with no reviews will receive it and business minded air bnb most definitely know this but they continue to be dishonest while expecting there hosts to be precise, clear and honest. 

Customer services put me on hold and then hung up half an hour later! 

Donna184
Level 5
Cobourg, Canada

I spent hours getting new host Airbnb account and a PayPal to be paid. Talked to Airbnb and they said they are not paying a referral credit anymore. I had in Aug 2021 got an advertisement from Airbnb they were. 

"Notice: The Airbnb Guest Referral Program has ended. The information below is only relevant for those who participated in the program prior to its closure." found on Airbnb. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2269/airbnb-referral-program-terms-and-conditions

Ozlem0
Level 1
Denton, TX

I got an email from Airbnb in June 2022 with the subject line "Earn $525 for every new Host you refer"

This means that there is an active referral program. I did refer a new host, coached her throughout the process of setting up an account and hosting basics. I know she has her first reservation booked, and she has received her payment from Airbnb already. However, I have not received any communication from Airbnb acknowledging my referral. Why not?? Nor have I received payment yet. When will I get the promised $525? Who do I contact about this?Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 14.24.37.png