Critique my Listing-Nicholasville ky

Tracey453
Level 2
Nicholasville, KY

Critique my Listing-Nicholasville ky

Please critique my listing and pricing. Farm in Ky. 

8932F418-63CF-4766-8CD9-8266C4EECE3A.jpeg

Thank you. 

https://abnb.me/5is5pXYXKkb

9 Replies 9
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I can't comment on your pricing, because I don't know the market for your area.

As far as your listing goes, I'd say you have far too many outside photos, too many redundant kitchen and bathroom photos, and not enough bedroom photos. Take the bedroom photos from a couple of different angles, so guests can get a sense of the room layout.

The listing description needs some tweaking. The first part should just be an introduction, then under Spaces, you should describe the layout of the house.

You also need to make it clear that you are an on-site host and live in another dwelling on the property.  And if you have dogs, you should also mention that- you don't want people booking who are allergic or afraid of them.

I have updated the description and the House rules. I will update the pictures once I get some decorative items placed. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you so much for reviewing my listing.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Tracey453 

It looks good to me.

I would add some inexpensive and relevant artwork or decorative items to make it feel less impersonal.

Some details regarding wildlife would be appropriate. People with phobias regarding bugs, snakes, coyotes, bears, opossums, raccoons, mice, rats, spiders or anything else need to stay in the city where the only threats are predatory humans.

It is worth stating that no refunds will be issued because some delicate urban flower saw a grasshopper.

It is also worth stating that anyone who attempts to introduce unregistered guests, children, animals or illicit substances into or near the premises will be immediately evicted and no refunds will be approved.

I would make it clear that the maximum stay is 28 days, no exceptions, and that legal residency will not be possible.

I have updated the description and the House rules. I will update the pictures once I get some decorative items placed. Please let me know what you think.

@Tracey453 I think the fact you state it has one bedroom is potentially misleading. I would (if you can) go for no bedrooms. I would also make it clear that as it is an open space it is only really suitable for a family or two very friendly couples!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your first picture is enchanting!  I do, however, agree with @Sarah977  you could edit the number of photos.  As to the sleeping arrangements, you have one bed and two couches.  Are the couches convertible to beds?  If so, a photo of the couch made into a bed would be useful.  As @Brian2036  mentioned, your rooms could use a bit of warming up with a few wall hangings or a picture with flowers on the table.  Your photos are meant to "sell" your space.  

If you want specific dates to have a minimum number of days booked, you can edit your listing under pricing and availability, trip length to set specific dates for a 4 day minimum.

If you want to host long term guests, which Air BNB defines as any stay over 28 days, please be sure to familiarize yourself with the long term payouts and policies as they are different from short term.

Your photos and rules send mixed messages about how guests are to feel being at the farm.  On the one hand your first photo is of the two beautiful horses and on the other hand you very firmly do not want the guests to interact with them.  I agree with your rules but wonder if you could be more welcoming about having guests at the farm.  Why else would someone book your place?  Finding the balance of welcoming guests to enjoy your beautiful farm and the safety and security of all is something you will have to work out.  I hope you do not use Instant Book until you have more experience with vetting guests and developing comfort with them in your space.  Good luck.  I hope our feedback is useful for you to consider.  Linda

I have updated the descriptions and the House rules. I will update the pictures once I get some decorative items placed. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you so much for reviewing my listing!!

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Tracey453 

A colorful throw rug would really warm up the living room area.

You might watch for something nice but inexpensive at an estate auction.

Thank you so

much for reviewing my listing!