Critique my listing - Niloo in Vancouver, Canada

Niloo5
Level 2
North Vancouver, Canada

Critique my listing - Niloo in Vancouver, Canada

Hi All, 

Im a new host (started June 25th) and I am having a hard time booking the place. currently it says I have 335 profile views and only had three bookings. I've brought my pice down significantly. 

Any help would be great. 

Thank you, 

Niloo

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 14.38.55.png

4 Replies 4

@Niloo5   Your listing has gotten 3 bookings in just a week, before it even has any reviews? Actually, that's a really good performance. No indication that slashing your prices was necessary.

Where the listing could really use some work is in the written description. The text you have there would be more appropriate for the "Location" tab; instead, the primary description should focus more on the home and its amenities.

The space does appear bright and clean, but most of the photos appear to all be shot in with the blinds closed, making it feel claustrophobic like a basement. Wherever possible, I'd recommend re-shooting with full sunlight exposure. Aesthetically, some guests appreciate the minimalistic look, but when you want to catch people's eyes in search results, splashes of color drive a lot more clicks than white-on-white.

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

Hi @Niloo5 Your place is lovely and it’s only been 9 days. It will happen. 

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

We get around a 1% to 1.5% booking rate based on views, so I’d be happy with 3 bookings out of 300 views. 

Best of luck/Glenn

Hi Andrea, 

Thank you for the re-assurance I just wasnt sure if it is normal.