Critique my listing! Please and thank you!

Paige208
Level 3
San Diego, CA

Critique my listing! Please and thank you!

Hi all, 

We are new to Airbnb but not new to events. This space was originally set up for weddings/events and we were making traction when covid hit. We then decided to switch gears into Airbnb and smaller events. Our pricing is subject mainly to deter people from renting the place and throwing an unauthorized event. Finding the fine line here has been challenging! Appreciate any feedback 🙂

https://airbnb.com/h/thefowlerhouse

Paige Alexander
2 Replies 2

@Paige208  You have a really beautiful space, and clearly a real talent for interior design. A home with as many special features as yours can be a destination in itself, but I'd recommend more clarity about the location in your descriptions. You might show up in search results that aren't for San Diego (for example, Flexible Search), and showing what's special about your particular town would might help expand the appeal into niches beyond San Diego visitors.

Re: unauthorized events, I think more clarity would also be helpful here. Where do you draw the line between a "normal" booking for 12 people and an event or party? If, for example, it's the presence of unregistered or non-overnight visitors, your policy on that should be unambiguous. 

You'll definitely find that your listing quickly gets onto the radar of people seeking illicit party venues, and I'm not sure if your pricing alone is that much of a deterrent.  That 2-night minimum stay seems like a bigger factor there. As a guest, the only reason I can see being worth all the hassle of herding a group of 12 people into a vacation home for only 2 nights is to have a wild, uninhibited party.  It's just short enough that nobody ever quite shifts into that relaxed mode and gets to fully enjoy the amenities, and the whirlwind aspect of that kind of trip is immediately apparent in the mess it leaves behind.

Andrew,

All really great points! And especially the minimum day stay point. I will be revising based on your commentary, thank you for taking the time!

Paige