Currency switching

Jérémie51
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Currency switching

This is a real scam. I pay in $CAD and everything always shows up in $CAD. If I scroll down and go to options, it says $CAD. There is no $USD involved until the website refreshes during payment and shows everything in $USD for the first time for a much higher price that I would not have considered. This experience makes me feel like AirBnb cheats on non-americans users with that sneaky currency change. Add to it that they use the same logo for US and CAN dollars. I will strongly consider alternatives to AirBnb in the future. This is misrepresentation, use the same currency from the beggining to the end, a big company like that does not have to play game on consumers. 

2 Replies 2
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Jérémie51   You may find the following link of some assistance

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/95/supported-currencies

Also, when you look at the price for any accommodation, it will show you the basic nightly rate.  As you go through the process for booking it will add on any extra fees such as pets (if you have added one) cleaning fees and also Airbnb’s commission (if applicable to that listing) which can be roughly 15% depending upon location etc.

I trust this clarifies things for you

To jeremie51

Are you referring to bookings you make for stays located in Canada, but  you're charged in USD?