Custom Promotions Blocked

Anna-and-Jonas0
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

Custom Promotions Blocked

I've been hosting for two years and regularly discount unbooked days for the coming week. When I tried today I received the message below saying "There are no promotions available right now." I'm confused why this would suddenly change and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have superhost status so I should be eligible for promotions and have regularly used them until getting this today. Any advice on what's going wrong or what I may be doing wrong would be appreciated. Thank you!

Message when clicking promotions from the calendar:

There are no promotions available right now. We’ll let you know here and on your calendar when one pops up.
Still want the perks of promotions? You’ll get strikethrough styling on search pages and your listing when you offer any of these discounts:
  • Weekly discount
  • Monthly discount
  • Early bird discount
15 Replies 15
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Anna-and-Jonas0 

Custom promotions are not blocked (see tiltle), they simply are not available.

Maybe there is less demand for accommodation or the time period available is too short.

Just make your own promotion, like using "last minute discount"

Thank you for your post but yes the custom promotion feature is blocked for me and none of your explanations apply to my situation because it doesn't even allow me to select a time period. As stated, I have been using custom promotions for two years, and now all of a sudden they are blocked or disabled, whichever description you prefer. My ability to use custom promotions has been withdrawn without explanation.

Don’t use the app but sign in through Airbnb.com.  I had a problem with discounts being applied that I didn’t authorize.  With the new rollout, they have died automatic discount promotions for new listings.  I’m going to check my other listings next.  I had an Apple tech who was able to walk me through the changes.  

I am fairly new to Airbnb and have this issue as well. I have met eligibility requirements. I have contacted support 5 times and so far nobody has been able to help, or even know what I am talking about. I have spent hours in total in chats, sending explanations and screenshots only to get answers that half the time don't even relate to what I'm saying.

Then others give me what I think at the time might help, but doesn't. One told me to turn on smart pricing for it to work. Nope. One told me to just use rule sets, but that doesn't give me what I want. One told me I had to be a Superhost status to use it, but I am not finding that in any help articles. I feel very frustrated.

Has it been fixed for you? Do you have any answers about this issue?

Thanks!

Debbie-And-Arnulfo0
Level 3
San Antonio, TX

I haven't been able to do a custom promotion for several days either.  Also, I don't have the option of "last minute discount".

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you too but glad to know it's not just me! I don't have the "last minute discount" option either. Seems strange that the custom promotion feature would be disabled for some people. Hopefully, someone with Airbnb will be able to post an explanation. Thank you for sharing and if I discover any solutions I'll be sure to let you know.

Jake388
Level 1
Farmington, UT

I am also experiencing this. I use promotions to fill unbooked days as well, but it is no longer an option. Please bring it back.

Same problem here.

Shelley349
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I came here looking for an answer to the same question. Disappointing to not have this feature available, especially now as my summer season is winding down.

Completely agree, this is the time we need the feature the most, and frustrating that it's gone without any notice or explanation. Thank you for posting a reply and hopefully if enough of us complain Airbnb will take note. 

Today I see the option for custom promotion but when I click on it and then go to choose dates, it says the date I choose is the "end date" but doesn't give a way to choose the "start date" or complete the promotion setup. Must be a technical glitch. I'll reach out to tech support.

Merryl-And-Steve0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Me too @Anna-and-Jonas0   I cant believe the seems to be happening to a few hosts and it all seems to be around the same period;  August it started for me as that was the last time I could do one was a 20% discount mid August.   I've been hosting for 6 years and regularly offer discounts for  unbooked days . When I tried end of August  I received the message below saying "There are no promotions available right now." I'm confused why this would suddenly change and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have superhost status so I should be eligible for promotions and have regularly used them until getting this today. Any advice on what's going wrong or what I may be doing wrong would be appreciated. Thank you!

Message when clicking promotions from the calendar:

There are no promotions available right now. We’ll let you know here and on your calendar when one pops up.
Still want the perks of promotions? You’ll get strikethrough styling on search pages and your listing when you offer any of these discounts:
  • Weekly discount
  • Monthly discount
  • Early bird discount

Forgive me for coping and pasting similar to what you said @Anna-and-Jonas0 .

Is it still the same for you or have you managed to resolve this?

I tried chatting to someone from AirBnB sadly she wasn't helpful at all. 

Hope this can be resolved.

@Merryl-And-Steve0 thank you for posting and the problem has been resolved for us. Airbnb help desk had no explanation but then one day last week the feature started working again. Disappointed to hear it's not working for everyone and hope Airbnb issues some sort of acknowledgment. 

Still not resolved - endless conversations later and they keep referring and referring me to someone else, very annoying.