Custom URL

Grant34
Level 1
Padstow, Australia

Custom URL

Is it possible to have a custom url for a listing?

for example, instead of:
https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/1234567?"location"="suburb"

have:

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/myplace

29 Replies 29
EcoVida0
Level 2
Puntarenas, CR

I guess we can safely say that it is now past "fall". Other than the comment that some featured hosts seemingy have a abnb.co/blah url, is there anything from Airbnb stating when this promised feature will be released to SuperHosts? As a techie, it seems like such an easy thing to do with the resources Airbnb has, or not. No issue with the suggestion that someone redirects their own domain, but it is a bit of a badge of honor and certainly a great way to cross-fertilize marketing with Airbnb, helping them and showing your SuperHost status - especially for those who already have various domains promoting their rentals. I'm perplexed that this simple feature was promised and still has not been delivered as we approach 2019. Was it a mistake -- are they confused how to deal with things if one loses SuperHost status? All other social media and related apps allow securing a permanent name, so why not Airbnb?  It would just be nice to hear definitively from Airbnb on this, one way or another.

Airbnb help pages now list a page for custom URL guidelines. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2575/what-are-the-policies-for-custom-urls

There is no indication how it is implemented.

We contacted Airbnb and were told finally:

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

just got an email.. it says ill get a notice for activation of the custom URLs within today

Mario136
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I have the promised banner for custom url on my dashboard.
It takes me to my room settings, there I cannot find how to define a custom url

I just found how to - it is listed on each listing,

Amenities

Accessibility features

Title & Description

Custom link

I'm glad that I found your post, I was going around in circles trying to work out how to obtain a URL!

Thankyou 🙂

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Solveig0@Rene18@Mario136

On top of your dashboard, there should be a message stating: Promote Listing by a custom URL.

Go to your edit listing page, and below “Title & Description”, there is another header, called: “Custom URL”.

Pretty straight forward to use.

Thank you, I found it. I only created a custom url for my main listing. It's a lot easier to remember 😄 

Rene18
Level 1
Bacolod, Philippines

Thanks! Found it!

Nemetona0
Level 2
Markdale, Canada

I received a link for custom web addresses but it only takes me to my listings page and there doesn't seem to be a way to create a custom address.

Any suggestions?

Should the url be short and sweet or descriptive? Descriptive in that would it be found in a search engine?

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Nemetona0 @Alfred-and-Deanna1 

The custom URLs are 301 redirects only - just easier-to-remember "friendly" links to your Airbnb listing, with no SEO value. Go ogle won't index your custom URL, and it won't appear in go ogle search results. 

Basically, just free advertising for Airbnb. Far better to create and promote your own website, and send people there, as Airbnb's custom URL will simply encourage the potential guests to check out all your competitors too. 

In that case, I'll just make them one word links to make them easy to remember. We do have a website as you suggest. Thanks for the info.

Sophie1141
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Is the custom URL available only for Superhosts? I am fairly new to Airbnb and I cannot find the option where to get URL for my properties.

Hobi2
Level 1
St. Augustine Beach, FL

I also am looking to create a custom URL for my Airbnb listing but see no mention of it under any search settings.