Customer Service Wait Time

Answered!
Bryce-and-Deba0
Level 2
Bentonville, AR

Customer Service Wait Time

I've been waiting on the phone to talk with Airbnb customer service for the past 41 minutes. . . Is this the new normal? 

1 Best Answer
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sara5684  try them on their twitter (apparently effective). good luck

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Bryce-and-Deba0  Seems so.  41 minutes is nothing- hosts have been reporting 3 hour wait times, and then sometimes the call is dropped. 

I was once on hold with Air Canada for a really long time. I looked up their customer service reviews and some guy said he'd been on hold for 6 hours.

Sara5684
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I contacted help, customer service on sat 9am and I'm still waiting for a reply it's Tues am. 

I'm new to Airbnb and my first guest broke a bed and refused to pay. He said I should contact Airbnb. I will be deleting my listing if I don't hear back this week or receive payment for the damage. What is the usual procedure? Is contact allways so difficult? 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sara5684  try them on their twitter (apparently effective). good luck

I do not have a Twitter account and I do not intend to get one. This should not be like this. I am really considering deleting my listing.

they usually get back to you within 24 hours, but if your case is "escalated," good luck getting any response at all!

I think it is not that effective.

@Sara5684 It can takes weeks (no exaggeration!) to get a reply in a chat session and most people never get through by telephone. This is the new normal for Airbnb. Prepare to delete your listing 😞

Totally with you. Moved to long term rental and won't be back to short term until AirBnb takes action to support  hosts and guests. Could take years. So frustrating as my county has Covid  mostly under control, a mask policy and summer has been busy. I realize AirBnB had to cut  workforce in the pandemic, but cuts are too deep. Customer service is atrocious.

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Bryce-and-Deba0 Yep Airbnb CS has become horrible. After several contacts and several days of waiting, I finally got someone who helped me. I had two 45 minute holds that went nowhere, then the person it was escalated to went on vacation. I posted about it as well. 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Jillian115 

"then the person it was escalated to went on vacation"

Airbnb's CS tagline.

Jenée0
Level 2
Mooresville, IN

What can be done to help Airbnb with this issue? There is no way to get help they are literally week that pass before a customer service rep is able to assist even in an emergency situation! A guest cancelled it was mutual so I was happy that he did! I promised a full refund of our portion which is $1321.00 It has been a full 7days at this point and there are technical issues that prevent me from refunding!! 
I need help!! Airbnb customer support needs help! Are there not government loans to help businesses? Is the hand writing on the wall?  I would really like to know if things are being done to correct this issue!  It’s recently been almost three weeks to get a reply from Airbnb what!?

Patsy22
Level 5
Orlando, FL

It has been 6 days and still waiting on resolution from a problem with guests that brought FOUR unauthorized dogs to my home, but in a resolution request, guests declined and then left a 1 star review!  Moving to long term rental and won't be back to short term until AirBnb takes action to support  hosts and guests. I realize AirBnB had to cut  workforce in the pandemic, but cuts are too deep. Customer service is atrocious.

Anna277
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

3 weeks to get an email back!

I am beyond disappointed of the level of customer service I received with my inquiry.
I contacted Airbnb support on July 24 and asked what I should do with the situation, when the guest left with the key and is responsive. I asked how to proceed with the next guest is robbed if the key was stolen with the malicious intent. I also asked if I am liable for next guess losses.
I have heard NOTHING from Airbnb until August 3rd, when Naresh emailed me that he is forwarding my inquiry (still within 2 weeks of guest checking out).
Next time I had an email on August 10 from Pedro that he is forwarding my inquiry again.
On August 11 I had email from George, still not addressing my question "Am I liable for my next guest losses if the key was stolen?"
However, George told me that I will not be covered by Airbnb host guarantee since it's been over 2 weeks since guest checked out.
I contacted Airbnb within 48 hours of checkout, and this is their time to respond that brought it to over 2 weeks.
George still have not addressed my question, said I am not covered by the insurance, and closed the case.

@Anna277  While i know that customer service is atrocious these days, you really didn't need to contact Airbnb about this particular issue. If a guest makes off with the key, you need to change the locks.