Customer service has dropped to new disgusting lows

Kel9
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Customer service has dropped to new disgusting lows

As someone who has been pretty much living in air bnbs 8-9 months of the year for three years I've been horrified at the drastic drop in customer service over the past six months. I've been a loyal customer and I feel I deserve better.

Today was my tipping point.  I am unable to make a trip in a months time outside the USA as I'm legally not allowed to during the change of status on my visa. Because the booking falls under air bnbs relatively new long term policy I have to have extenuating circumstances to not lose 100% of the cost.

I tried to delay the trip with the host, but was told that he will no longer be renting the property next year so it is not possible. 

Air bnb won't refund unless I DIE or the hosts house gets swept away in a natural disaster.

Meanwhile even though I provided legal proof from my lawyer stating I cannot leave usa, air bnb said it's not valid documentation,  and can I send something 'official'. So I said yes, what do you need. They said, oh we can't tell you what to send.

So again, I asked them, if you can't tell me what do to provide, how do I kmow what to send you?

To which they told me, they were closing my case as I clearly couldn't  provide them with anything more.

I'm about to tear my hair out! Noone in customer service cares at all anymore. And as soon as they get tired of you they just cease to communicate. It's ridiculous.  

1 Reply 1
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Kel9

As the booking is far into the future, there is a good chance your host will be able to re-rent if you cancel. I suggest you negotiate with the host on a refund for the days re-rented. Any fair host would agree to such request.