DISCLOSING ADDRESS AFTER CONFIRMATION

Beverly198
Level 2
Chico, CA

DISCLOSING ADDRESS AFTER CONFIRMATION

I have a confirmed guest arriving in about 30 days.  My property is located near a marine base and my confirmed guest will have a friend from the marine base staying at the house as well.

My guest says he needs the address of the propety now so that his Marine friend can request a leave of absence in order to be able to stay at the house.  

Does this sound legit?

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Beverly198 The listing address is available to a confirmed guest right after booking. You say this guest is confirmed so they will be able to access the address in their itinerary.

I would not give the address to someone who hasn’t booked. 

Thanks Colleen, for taking the time to respond...I appreciate the advice.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Beverly198 Your address should be visible to a confirmed guest on their booking info. 

I assume this guest booked for 2 people if his friend is going to be staying, too? If not, he needs to amend the booking. It isn't okay for a guest to book for 1 and then have someone else stay as well.

Beverly198
Level 2
Chico, CA

Thanks, that was helpful...and yes, the booking guest did disclose that this person is part of the "head count".

Immediately put a security camera on the exterior doors (outside) so you can be sure of who is entering your place. My insurance agent even took that advice and was grateful. Blink works better for us than Ring equipment, but there are plenty of other options.