DO NOT rent from TurnKey Vacation Rentals!!!

Tara565
Level 1
Bellaire, TX

DO NOT rent from TurnKey Vacation Rentals!!!

The largest complaint was the water leak from rain all night, water damage, worry about electrical issues with children. Cleaning up water. Was told someone would come out the next day @lunch. Waited until 1:30PM and no one ever showed up. We never gained access to the fishing dock after asking 5 times. They asked me to fill out again the form that I already had sent it. Which required me to download an app on my phone that further took an hour to complete (again despite my already filling it out)...the I send it in and still never got access to the fishing pier. Other guests at the pool said they had a code before they arrived. WIFI was HORRIBLE! We asked multiple times to have the WIFI reset or fixed and I even ended up having to hotspot my phone to stream movie or watch anything on the TV. As a matter of fact...we travel a lot and I am pretty tech savvy as I am a technology instructor for real estate...so I always travel with an HDMI cord...so we even just had to connect my laptop to the TV as the WIFI was so poor that we couldn't even use the streaming system there. All of the amenities were just lacking. Spare closet had a LOT of extra sheets...but they seemed musty and didn't smell great. Bathrooms were fine (partially updated). Kitchen was tiny and unorganized but OK. Pantry was't clean. There was literally an ant highway near the sliding glass door that was difficult to open and close. The curtains are backward as you have to move them to get in and F3E1D26D-F892-429F-B701-8A42A067D589_1_105_c.jpegBB7C0A11-A587-43E9-A2A0-99FEBDE6F56D_1_105_c.jpeg253638C4-9BE2-4B76-A2E2-969634B4D996_1_105_c.jpeg21E3D070-8FDF-416F-80F4-0B2076126EC8_1_105_c.jpegEB7EA319-4A74-4E73-86CC-E6DDA7B14869_1_105_c.jpeg6F71E35C-7773-4AEB-ACA6-6069265A5621_1_105_c.jpeg22EBA739-BEE6-4182-A866-CD4B41781123_1_105_c.jpeg4092CC77-F4C1-420D-8FEC-AFE7B79025E9_1_105_c.jpeg

4 Replies 4
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Tara565  Uugghhh, what a terrible experience!!!  That's horrible.  I hope you leave an honest review to warn other guests and travelers!

Before you travel next time, stop by here and search for anything related to your trip that's on your mind.  For instance, there are a lot of warnings about Turnkey here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=f...

Yes, I also recently had a horrible experience with Turnkey Vacation rentals. TurnKey and AirBnb kept going back and forth pointing fingers and blaming who's a fault it was that I lost money due to their extremely misleading listing details. I had to cancel because it wasn't actually a pet-friendly location like they listed, and they tried to keep $500 because it was their cancellation policy! SUPER awful communication. Took dozens and dozens of emails and messages with them and Airbnb and both. It took me making multiple phone calls and linking to all these similar reviews and disputing multiple times that Airbnb finally got me my money back. TurnKey still refuses to admit that it was their responsibility.

WARNING THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!! STAY AWAY. Forest fires and evacuation orders a few blocks away from their property all they did is state their cancellation policy over and over, no refunds allowed for any reason.  ABSURD!!! FRAUD!!!! THEFT THEFT THEFT!!!! Stole over $2,000 from us.

Big Bear, CA home owners PLEASE READ!!!

If you own a home DO NOT USE TURNKEY.  If you are using them already REMOVE your home and stop doing business with them immediately.  They have a class action lawsuit against them for their unethical cancelation policy.  The BBB is investigating them. They have over 800 people in a Facebook group on a mission to take them out of business.   Just search the negative reviews on various websites and you will see for yourself (ignore the positive ones which are "invited" and fake reviews).

If your a potential renter BEWARE!!! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!

There were advisory notices from fire department and Sheriff to stay out of the area to help evacuating residents.  There were evacuation orders just a few blocks away from their property.  They said their "local team" says the property is available and we should go there. They have no regard for human life they would not allow us to postpone or cancel, no refunds for any reason. They stole our money!!!

YES this is real. They are a TERRIBLE company. Tried to take $500 from me but I fought and fought and fought until Airbnb finally just gave me the money (wasn't even them that eventually helped me!)