Damage and Security Deposit recovery

Answered!
Tarik9
Level 2
Canada

Damage and Security Deposit recovery

A guest  through Airbnb rented my cottage and stayed July 01-03. The guest  damages the property at my cottage during their stay. And they stayed 11 guests instead of my guest limitation of maximum 6 guests for my 2 bedroom cottage. I send request for the damaged property and and extra charge for additional guests because as a cottage owner I have to pay the nightly resort fee for the rental gusts. I didn't get back from the guest for 72 hours then I involved Airbnb to resolve the matter. But after two days the status of my claim showing the case is resolved and an email from Alvin saying don't make any further conversation on this issue. Then I called Airbnb to talk with the manager or supervisor, a person name Angela told me that the case will be open and a trip team member will contact you. But still for the last two days I didn't get back anything from Airbnb. In my listing I clearly mentioned for the security of $200 for any damages. But I didn't get any money for the damages and for extra guest from the security deposit from the guest. I am surprised that the Airbnb has no policy to protect the owner property from damaged by the guest.

1 Best Answer
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Tarik9 I am sorry to hear about what happened. Make sure to take a lot of photos as proof and I would recommend to contact airbnb again. Twitter usually one of the better way to do it. Best wishes.

View Best Answer in original post

37 Replies 37
Jack16
Level 2
Washington, DC

It's first time I'm hearing  about that type of Airbnb not supporting a host. Did you show them proof or damaged items photos? You can track your request through Twitter help account of Airbnb(@Airbnbhelp) Sometimes they're forgetting issues. Because I know they are very very busy.

Jack, that was helpful, I didn't know about their Twitter account. I have reached out to them again because of a similar issue as well. Very frustrating to not get it resolved in a speedy manner. I do have pictures and video of the damages and illegal drugs they used, where should I submit them though? 

We're all busy. What this host needs is for Airbnb to be busy on HER case, not hear that they are busy with other people.

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Tarik9 I am sorry to hear about what happened. Make sure to take a lot of photos as proof and I would recommend to contact airbnb again. Twitter usually one of the better way to do it. Best wishes.

Thank you for your suggesstion. Would you please advice, how can I post my claim in their twitter account. I don't know their twitter account information.

Thank you

It is @AirbnbHelp that you want, @Tarik9.

I am not expert in Twitter. Would you please advice the steps to post it in Airbnb's Twitter account.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, I don't know why it is showing Resolved under my messages, whereas it has not yet been resolved by Airbnb

First you need to set up a Twitter account, @Tarik9, at Twitter.com. It is easy enough, and it is free. It is worth it even just to reach Airbnb. Then do a search within twitter for @AirbnbHelp. Click on the account that comes up. Over to the side you will see "Tweet to" and "Message". Click on "Message" (it is private, whereas "Tweet to" is not) and go from there. 

Hope that helps!

I posted my messages in Airbnbhelp page through twitter. Thank you Lawrence for your help.

My case has not been resolved.

1. I sent the picture of my damaged umbrella and the new invoice that I have bought but  I didn't received my claimed money.
  2. I didn't received the penalty for additional guest over my maximum guest limit of 6 guest. The principal guest has been sent me the 11 names of the guest stayed at my cottage from July 01-03. I sent the picture of the guest names (11) message to the resolution centre but I didn't received for the penalty for the additional guests.

Regarding damage umbrella resolution centre tell me that I didn't provide the Instruction guide to the guest for using umbrella which very weird  to me. I think there is no user manual in the world to use umbrella.

Regarding additional guest, resolution centre tell me about the proof, whereas I sent the picture of the guest email for 11 guests. They also told me that I didn't set up for extra guest charges. My maximum guest limitation in my listing is 6 persons. There is no question of setting of extra guest charges. The guest didn't follow my rental rule and for that the guest should be compensated because I have to pay resort fee for the rental guest.

Finally, I regret to tell you that the service standard of the Airbnb Resolution Centre is very poor and not up to the standard of North American wheras they are doing business with my property at Canada.

LOL, an instruction manual for an umbrella?!  Wow, there is no limit they will stretch to when refusing to honor a legitimate claim.  Airbnb has a resolution center that is staffed by ineffective amateurs.  I believe their entire job is to deny, deny, deny.  I also believe that Airbnb collects the money for the damages from the guests and then pockets it themselves.  I've caught them going into my account and taking out small amounts for no particular reason, so I'd be very careful and look at all your payouts.  Something very bad is happening at Airbnb when it comes to processing damage claims.  Too many hosts aren't being paid.  WHY IS THAT?  WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING, AIRBNB?

Class action suit is the only way

they dont care if its resolved or not.  They'll simply close your case and hope you go away.  I've had to open four separate claims over 10 weeks for one claim of $190.  After elevating to a second manager, and becoming frustrated along the way, the manager, LATRICE, told me there was nothing more to be said or done, and that she was putting a note in my file to alert other representatives to me.  If I persisted she threatened to close my entire airbnb account and deactivate ALL of my listings.  Really?  I have a legitimate claim and the client paid them but they never paid me.  WTH?!

Pat7
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just happened to me with half of my towels missing and place left not cleaned.  Thought I was safe as had 75 pound damage deposit.  Guest refused to pay and I have lost out on my towels.  Guest gave a 4 star rating for cleanliness by saying I hadn't left enough towels.  Not true.   So I got one of those messages Airbnb send out saying about negative feedback.  Don't care anymore, as I am quitting Airbnb.  Not happy with their latest ad and it is certainly attracting the wrong sort of guest.  I want someone who will respect my place and if Airbnb don't want this they won't get my custom.