Damages

Damages

Hi Community Center,

We own a motor home and today (check-out day) a guest delivered it with damages.

By accident, he hit a car parking beam and the capucine front crashed.

The guest told us that he will try to contact Airbnb to know if its insurance will cover.

We told him that probably he itself will have to pay the damages, which go behind the security deposit (350€).

Can you please help me understand who will have to pay it? Airbnb insurance or the guest?

I read that we have 14 days to communicate to Airbnb or until the next check-in, which will be next Friday (3rd November).

We have images to show it, in case you need.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Ana and Pedro

2 Replies 2
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

You should of done research insurance is very hard now Airbnb is good when it comes to making money pluse you have to have rules and making sure of the person that he or she knows how to handle your product is not a toy 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@CucaVan0  I am pretty sure that Air BNB does not allow vans/RV that are in motion.  If the RV/van is stationary and rented as such, it is a covered space.  When in motion, it is a vehicle and not covered under the Air BNB terms and agreement.  Before you bring a claim, you should review the Terms.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/455/are-there-any-restrictions-about-what-can-be-listed