Date Change/Refund

Date Change/Refund

Hi, so my roommate and I have been staying at an Airbnb apartment since February 14th and we were originally supposed to stay till the 13th May but due to the Corona Virus issue we have decided to leave earlier and go home next week. Our host said that there is no cancellation fee from her end but whenever we try to change the date it is still showing that we need to pay half the payment on the 13th of April. Is there a way for us not to pay the whole payment since we are not going to be staying and our host said that there is no charge from her end?

Thank you

Rebecca

4 Replies 4
Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

You can talk to the host see if you can reach an agreement, otherwise just follow the cancellation policy. You may also contact Airbnb support see if they want to help. As far as I know the updated EC is not covering this situation but you never know. I had a guest booked 3/13, cancelled on 3/12 due to COVID-19 and Airbnb ruled full refund although the updated EC doesn't cover. Airbnb likes to favor guests and throw hosts under the bus.

From my understanding any early departure should be associated with some sort of fine just a matter of how much, no matter what reason it has. It's the same idea as the early termination of a lease. Usually we charge an extra 3-7 nights fee depending on actual case so yours seem to be reasonable to me. The host just said no extra charge on her end but everything else should be following the cancellation policy on the reservation.

@Rebecca1259 

Only an Airbnb CS rep can override system-calculated sums. 

I'm assuming that the "cancellation fee" you see is automatically calculated based on the long term cancellation policy which would be typically applied as agreed at the time of booking (it's a system setting) - and the host has no authority or power to change or modify this. 

Unless the host is sending you a "Request Money" thru the Resolution Center, to be accurate, the host is not *charging* you anything.

Airbnb is the one charging you. 

Although it may seem confusing, it's important to understand the difference, and that when it comes to how much guests are charged - other than setting basic parameters for the nightly rates, the cleaning fee, and whether a discount (%) will be provided for longer stays - everything else is calculated, managed, and charged by Airbnb.  Hosts have no control. 

Nady0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb is looking for their benefits only & they come up whit an opposite rule & term & conditions daily! Perhaps they are  looking for there benefits.

It's clear now that The Guest or Host are not a matter, even the coronaviruse is good for Airbnb to show off that they are giving a way lots of cash to their rwlatedy buisnei partners like me and you as a Guest or Host!

1- Why you don't have any kind of insurance or cover for your clients ( Host & Guest) that you make money from and your business is builde and alive by them to be alive!

2- In my only place (our home) I give 2 rooms to rent by your dear company, it's while l am a disabled single parent and our only income is what we get from the renting!

3- why can't you at list give a small laon to your clients (hosts) to sort them experience? Still you can put a reasonable interest in the pay back method!

4- Coronaviruse is not a friend or relative member or non of love's one!

It's  meaning we are all in the same both.

If are interested & act as our big brother& shoeupy as a strong company, why you are not looking for a solution for your both wings? 

You should contact airbnb