Date change due to self-isolation (UK)

Answered!
Anna170
Level 2
Winchester, United Kingdom

Date change due to self-isolation (UK)

Hi fellow-hosts,

Can I just ask what you’re all doing about guests who ask to change the dates of their stay at the last-minute as they have been told to self-isolate (I’m in the UK)? Obviously, they can’t still come but they’re not actually sick either. 

We’ve had 3 in the last 2 weeks. So far, I’ve accepted the change requests and luckily we’ve been able to refill the bookings but I know that won’t always be the case and ultimately we’ll be the ones losing out. 
Is there a policy that covers this that I’m missing? Or should they claim on their travel insurance? 
Thanks in advance.
Anna 

1 Best Answer
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Anna170 

May I suggest rather than cancel bookings between yourselves and your intended guest that you reach out and offer the option to make an "Alteration" to the dates they have booked and tentatively make a booking that may suit both parties for in the future.

That way it's win-win and all parties have something to look forward to in future.

Your Guests are probably equally  as disappointed as yourselves and will be looking forward to a Get-away without the disruptions.

Look at it this way, they chose your home for a reason, and it would be great if they and you could still in future go forward with your bookings.

It would also offer your Guests some Peace of Mind for the future to offer and undertake a "Date Alteration" so they don't need to start searching for accommodation elsewhere.

Encourage open communication and keep in touch with each other via the Message system.

If you use related keywords here in ABB CC search-box you will find others who have had similar experiences to what you and your Guests are currently experiencing.

All the very best for a return to normality in this crazy world.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Anna170 

May I suggest rather than cancel bookings between yourselves and your intended guest that you reach out and offer the option to make an "Alteration" to the dates they have booked and tentatively make a booking that may suit both parties for in the future.

That way it's win-win and all parties have something to look forward to in future.

Your Guests are probably equally  as disappointed as yourselves and will be looking forward to a Get-away without the disruptions.

Look at it this way, they chose your home for a reason, and it would be great if they and you could still in future go forward with your bookings.

It would also offer your Guests some Peace of Mind for the future to offer and undertake a "Date Alteration" so they don't need to start searching for accommodation elsewhere.

Encourage open communication and keep in touch with each other via the Message system.

If you use related keywords here in ABB CC search-box you will find others who have had similar experiences to what you and your Guests are currently experiencing.

All the very best for a return to normality in this crazy world.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Super Gorgeous setting you have @Anna170 

@Lawrene0 @M199 @Mary996 @Dale711 @Stephanie @Anna @Nick @Melodie-And-John0 @Heather1086 @Rebecca181 @Mike-And-Helen0

@Huma0 @Paul1245 @Helen350 and those who like your animals, you will love @Anna170 property and animal photographs...