Dates appear open in our dashboard calendar but blocked on the listing calendar

Answered!
Paul1173
Level 1
New York, NY

Dates appear open in our dashboard calendar but blocked on the listing calendar

We have one booking through the site and then another period that we blocked manually. Both of these periods are preceded by three days of unavailability on the calendar on the listing but appear available on our dashboard calendar.  We can't figure out what is causing these three days to appear booked. The minimum stay is four nights but that shouldn't be the cause as both of these three day periods are adjacent to several days of availability. Our preparation time is set to none and our advance notice is set to one day (which shouldn't matter either way as both of these bookings are weeks away). I deleted the one manual block to see if it would go away but it returned once I added it back in. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul1173

Welcome to the wonderful world of airbnb, where an availability calender does not show availability.

It only shows days the guests can check in, 4n min stay means 3n before next booking no one can check in, so its not available.

Keep smiling 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul1173

Welcome to the wonderful world of airbnb, where an availability calender does not show availability.

It only shows days the guests can check in, 4n min stay means 3n before next booking no one can check in, so its not available.

Keep smiling 🙂

Wow - thanks - that is cuckoo. Is the goal to try to get hosts to eliminate minimum stays?

Kel3
Level 2
California, United States

I truly think AirBNB is trying to do that as it was not like this before.  Sad and frustrating for hosts. 

This is a serious problem, I've been told IT is working on it but I'm not holding my breath.  My availability calendar shows several days not available when in fact they are, which will deter potential bookers from even trying to book a stay.  The main page calendar (the one potential guests see) and the actual calendar showing bookings do not match, this is a recent problem and hopefully they can get this resolved asap!

@Les31  It's been going on for a long time. Hosts have complained constantly. The only way this does not effect your listing calendar is to have a 1 day minimum like I do. 

Kel3
Level 2

I am experiencing  the same problem, contacted AirBNB.  IT said that’s how the way the system is set up and there is nothing they can do, which is totally not true.  As this issue only happened recently.  My old listing never had this problem.  Extremely frustrating as many of my dates are not showing on the listing calendar.  Is there any way host’s can get together and appeal this ridiculous set up?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Paul1173 ,

If you choose in the listing "check-out date" as first one to be selected, you will see the other dates as available. Booking form calender does not show availibility, but possibe dates to check-in (or check-out)

Georgia35
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi,

I would like to raise this issue again as I believe it is having a material impact on guests believing dates are booked when in fact they are available.

I have just spent over 10 days having a one sided communication with ABnB on this topic. Finally today I have been informed by ABnB IT dept the reason for shaded out dates appearing in the listing calendar is due to the minimum booking period. This function shades out the number of days  one has set, before any booking during that period in the listing calendar.  In fact these dates are not booked and will be shown available in the availability calendar. This is very confusing for guests looking at the listing calendar to see what dates are available.

I now understand that technically this is correct, however, it is very bad marketing for guests who look at the listing calendar, see that their end dates are shaded out appearing booked, when in fact they are not.

Everyone looses out on this. Why do we have to have this system of shading out on listing calendar, which I believe is confusing everyone?

Can something be done to get this changed? 

@Georgia35  I do not have this problem as I do 1 day minimum. You only have it if you do 2 or more day minimum. 

Kel3
Level 2

I truly think AirBNB is trying to make hosts to reduce the minimu nights.  Extremely frustrating for hosts.  this did not happened on our old listing.  They have just recently changed to this ridiculous setting.  Any chance we can get together and appeal this back to the way it was.