Deactivate listing with upcoming bookings

Deactivate listing with upcoming bookings

We are full time tenants in a large house and made an agreement with our landlord to AirBnB host one of the spare rooms.

Our landlord has now told us that they do not want us to host anymore.

We have several bookings coming up over the next month and the website says if deactivating a listing:

“You won't be able to permanently deactivate your listing if you have any upcoming reservations or reservation requests.”

My question is, are we able to deactivate the listing and cancel the bookings all at once? We have Instant Book so are we able to cancel everything without penalty?

We feel bad to cancel people’s bookings but we only recently moved into this house and do not want to upset our landlord or jeopardise our tenancy.

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sara1142,

My suster was in the same situation recently. Her landlady changed her mind about the situation and told her to cease immediately and that she couldn't honour existing bookings.

My sister contacted Airbnb support and explained the situation to them and they cancelled the bookings and helped the guests to find other accommodation. They also deactivated the listing.

For information on ways to contact support type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Thank you Steve!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA