Dear community can you assist me

Dear community can you assist me

Hi. I am very upset about the review I received from my Host . My family booked his house for 3 nights at a cost of $ 1995 , this included cleaning cost of $275. My family left the place 75% clean , we made the beds, put house in order, washed the dishes and put them away, took bins out the night before and even emptied the fridge and kitchen bins. My host left a review that my family left the place in a mess and that it took 4 hours to clean after we left. The only thing we did not clean was the shower and toilet and vacuum. 
Airbnb said they can’t remove the bad review that the host has left. We did see the cleaners . They were 2 old people about 80 years old. It is obvious that the host has his parents to clean the place after the visitors leave. They can’t move furniture and their is dust under beds and couches etc. 

My family are people of Colour and I feel that the host left this false review because their parents saw us staying there and do not want people of colour in their home. I am fair skinned and I booked the place so the host wouldn’t know my family is mixed. 
I am upset as well  stressed that this country Australia still has people with this mindset. 
How do I get this review removed. Airbnb is supporting the host which of course they would because they are making money. 
My character is been defamed. Personally I am happy to take this matter to the highest level even if it has to be on current affairs, I will follow this matter through. 
I can’t believe Airbnb is supporting false claims as well as people with racist attitudes. Can anyone give me some advice. Much appreciated Shelley 

17 Replies 17

Thank you for your response.

If a host values their livelihood then they need to be honest. If 100% of the cleaning is expected to be done by the guest then the host must state this clearly and not charge a cleaning fee.

All I ask for is honesty.

Thanks

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Shelley369  The review is not that negative, at worst, a host would think they needed to give more detailed instructions on how to leave the property, I can't imagine that this comes anywhere close to defamation of character.   Your responses indicate you've stayed at other Airbnbs, but this looks like your only review, that seems odd.   There is absolutely nothing in the review that suggests any kind of discrimination, so you might want to let that go.

Yes, it's a good idea for guests to take video when they leave an Airbnb to protect themselves, just as many hosts take video before a guest arrives for the same reason.  

ETA..I'd offer an alternate theory that this host is new and may have unrealistic expectations on cleanliness, and/or their previous few guests were smaller parties w/out children.  If they think that 4 hours is 'extra' time to clean up their property, then they probably have been very lucky in their guests.  It takes us 4 hours to clean our 2 bedroom apartment, which we might possibly be able to clean it in 2 hours working as fast as humanly possible,  but only if it wasn't really dirty.

I agree with your comment . Thanks for  he response I have stayed at other Airbnb with family . We have never had a bad review and we are all the same people who stayed at this venue. We have never left a place messy. This was a booking on my name as a Christmas gift .