Declining

Deanna139
Level 2
Lake Elsinore, CA

Declining

I have no idea why I can no longer decline anyone but an Airbnb rep said my declines have flagged possible “discrimination” ...I don’t and never would discriminate! 

5 Replies 5
Deanna139
Level 2
Lake Elsinore, CA

Anyone else unable to decline and been told “After 3 declines it flags your account for possible discrimination”?!? This is terrible I have all 5 stars 100% superhost and I’m blown away by this! I was told in the beginning you were not penalized for declining people! Now I read on this Community board  that I shouldn’t decline Any inquiry I should only reply but Airbnb sends me messages to approve or decline on inquiries ! So what is going on here please?????

thank you !!!!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Deanna139 

if you get an INQUIRY then you can just answer with text message. 

if you get a REQUEST then you have to accept or decline. Too many declines can lead to an instant  booking being disabled for a few months , your search ranking affected and possibly (not sure) your account suspended

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

So what exactly is happening here @Deanna139. Are all guests automatically accepted? and you are physically unable to click a decline button?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

How would you know who to discriminate against, it's not like you can see photos, @Deanna139. Why do you think this could be, any idea at all? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Deanna139  Yes, you'll get pesky messages from Airbnb prodding you to either pre-approve or decline an Inquiry, but you can safely ignore those as long as you have responded to the inquirer within 24 hours. The inquiry will expire and you can clear the pesky messages from your dashboard.

Of course,if it's a booking request as opposed to an inquiry, you do have to either accept or decline (or find a way to get the guest to withdraw their request if it's inappropriate to your listing) within 24 hours.