Default payout account

Beth8
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

Default payout account

I want to make sure that the payouts are going into my account ending in 5783.   The other one that I used before appears to be the default account.  There is no way to change the default account, so please do not tell me to do that.  I have tried everything.

I want one simple answer.  Into what account will my future payouts (end of March guest)  be going?

13 Replies 13
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Beth8,

The people here answering questions are other Airbnb hosts and cannot know which accounts your money is going to be deposited in.  You may need to contact Airbnb directly: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I will try to help you though.  If you have more than one account, one of them will have "default" beside it.  If you want to change the default account, choose "Options" and the "Make default" beside the account you want to make the default.  See the screenshot below.  In this example, I am making the Paypal account default.

payout.png

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hans-Jürgen0
Level 1
Santa Cruz de la Palma, Spain

@Dave-and-Deb0

Thank you, I had the same problem. I just read and followed your diagram and advise. Solved.

hi....

All i want to understand is if the account is default then it means it will never be used to receive payouts..please i need i need yes or no...

because i have the same problem also...

regards...Neo

Hello Dave,

Thank you for indirectly helping me solve the default payout setting.

Easy as 1,2,3 ...WHEN you know where to look.

I was about to get really upset. 

Cheers,

Stephanie

Hello, 

Sorry for diletant question but I am new here and I even don't know what does default account mean. I have 1 account and one western union, I want airbnb to tranfer money by western union but it's written that it is dafault. Should I change it and make another account default so to be able to recieve money by wetern union? 

Thanks in advance for the answer. 

You're a champion Dave. Thanks.

Olivia5
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Greetings! I'm hosting again since the 5th of August and the second group is in already. But I just realized the last two deposits were made to the wrong bank account. I included two. Last year I had set up the other one as the default account and Airbnb changed it on its own. I wonder if this happens a lot. How often do I need to check the default bank account before I accept any new guests? I thought once you set it it's set! 

I guess the solution is to delete one of them...

Thanks,

Olivia

Kim-And-Tom0
Level 1
Fredericksburg, TX

I cant get the little menu to stay open long enought to click on default!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Derek67
Level 1
Bideford, United Kingdom

Hi

can you help?  I have the same problem: the drop menu doesn't stay open long enough to click on Make Default.  Did you mange to resolve this, and if so how?

many thanks

Derek S

Devon, UK

Olivia5
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I just chose one payout method.

I hope this helps!

Good luck! 🙂

Yaxche-Jungle-Camp0
Level 3
Belmopan, Belize

So the payment method which marks "default" is the ones to which the payments will go to?? Kindly clarify. THanks

yep! Default is the accout which your funds will go to.

MandA1796
Level 2
Kendwa, Tanzania

I have the same problem with payout, it takes 5th days now I didn't receive a coin so I wander how it works this payout method and while airbnb says they already did the transaction to my account and even when I call my bank account, they can't find it yet....