Delete Listing

Answered!
Anne801
Level 2
United Kingdom

Delete Listing

I have looked at the instructions on how to delete a listing on air bnb. It tells me to go to listings, click on " Manage Listings "etc. However when I go to my listings  page I cannot see "Manage Listings". Where is it?

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Anne801

When on your listing page scroll to the bottom, and "Edit" listing status then you will get a choice of whats best for you.

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25

What do you mean by hold down on the name?

If you hold it down on the app. I put my finger on the listing for 2 seconds and the option to delete popped up. It won't work from a PC. 

It only worked on my smart phone. Wouldn't work on my Macbook.

Lisa1206
Level 2
Omaha, NE

I accidentally started the listing twice and need to delete one of them.  On the listings page I have one that shows "In Progess" and I just noticed in that box that it says "delete this listing". Don't know why I didn't see that before 🙂

Brooke108
Level 2
Port Macquarie, Australia

Listing status.

Diana951
Level 1
New York, NY

I don’t see three dots! This is ridiculously frustrating! Can someone explain how to successfully deactivate a listing?! 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's changed again so this doesn't appear to work. I started a listing by accident which is a UI issue, since I don't have even have another property to list. Now it's stuck there with inncessant prompts to finish it and the only option appears to be to finish it and then deactivate it. Please fix this, ffs.

@Chris12125 

You're correct - it has recently changed again. Here are the current ways of deactivating or deleting your account (two very different things)

To DEACTIVATE Your Account

You’ll need to log in to your account on a desktop computer or browser (not using the Airbnb app) to deactivate your account, which you can do yourself through Manage your data.

When you deactivate your account:

• Any reservations you currently have as a host or a guest will automatically be cancelled.
  • Your profile will be hidden.
  • If you are a host, your listings will be hidden.
  • Some information, such as your reviews, may remain visible to others.
  • We’ll retain your account data so you can reactivate your account in the future.

If you want to reactivate your account, you'll have to contact us.

If you're a host and you just want to deactivate a listing instead of your account, learn how.

To DELETE Your Account

If you want to permanently close and delete your account, you can do this yourself through Manage your data.

When you delete your account:

• We will verify your identity for security purposes before accepting the deletion request.
  • Any reservations you currently have as a host or a guest will be cancelled automatically.
  • Once your request is processed, your personal information will be permanently deleted, except for certain information that we are legally required or permitted to retain, as outlined in our Privacy Policy.

Once your account is deleted, you can’t reactivate it, recover any data, or regain access. You'll need to set up a new account if you want to use Airbnb again. If you have questions about exercising your data subject rights, find out more.

I was able to delete it from the app on my phone and not my PC. I held down on the listing and the option to delete popped up. 

Dagmar132
Level 2
Reykjanesbær, Iceland

Good morning   please dele my listing I can't find it how I should do

br Dagmar